3rd row seat rack

cruisertoy

Explorer
So I bought materials and a 3/4" die for my bender for this almost two years ago. With an upcoming trip to the San Rafael Swell in a few weeks I thought I should knock this out. The idea was to hold two MWC's (ignore the fuel can in the photo, it won't be going inside the vehicle) and my cooler so I could have access to them without digging them out of the pile of gear for a family of 5. It also gived me 9" of lower storage for tents and sleeping bags. We use our 3rd row seats around town when hauling the nieces so I needed this to be wife removable. I attached the rack to the 3rd row seat mounts using some 5/8" split collars. The font two have a step cut into them so they locat into the reciever part of the seat mount. The rear two tighten with an allen wrench for now, but I'll order or make some a knob for them. I still need to weld on the tie downs for the cooler and for the straps that will go over the water cans. I am also going to cut some ABS sheet to go in between the bars. Then paint it all up.

Attachments

• P1030244.JPG
    P1030244.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 293
  • P1030245.JPG
    P1030245.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 237
  • P1030247.JPG
    P1030247.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 214

esh

Explorer
Nice work!

I have been wanting to do this on my 40 for a long time now. Didn't realize the 80 was perfectly suited for it as well.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Yes very nice and removable! I'm always employing the 3rd row, but this looks really great.

cruisertoy

Explorer
I'll post updated pics this weekend. i'm adding the tie downs and a few other items.

I use a JD2 model 3 style bender. I say style because I cnc'd the bender myself. The die is a 3/4" jd2 die with a 3" radius.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles