MV1050 Air Compressor - $48 at Costco

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
This has been a very popular economical unit with good results.
There is the MV50 and the MV1050, I think they are actually the same thing?
Anyway...

Costco at the corner of I-17 and the 101 in Phoenix is selling the MV1050 for $48.00 for anyone interested.

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
I was at Costco here in Calgary earlier today. Didn't see any. But we get different products here in Canada. :(

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Brian, since mine has taken a dump on me and I need a new one, and that is a great price, if you are going there would you mind picking me up one? I will hit you back with the $$ when I come and get it from you. Let me know if this will work for you.

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
What is the general consensus on these units, good deal and should last a long time with light to moderate use (airing up tires), or by the time you replace a couple of these it would have been better off buying something better like a Viair, QuickAir, etc.?

I ask because I always hear about the great deal people found on these compressors and their good specs for the price, but I have never seen any long-term reports.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I have one of the earlier versions (MV-50--the MV-1050 is the newer version, with some different materials used in a few areas). It has been mounted under the hood of my jeep for a little over year (I got it back when Checker had them on clearance for $25). The first time I used it, it shut down due to the thermal overload opening up (like it is supposed to). It was 108* (ambiant), and god only knows how hot under my hood. It aired up 3 of my tires from 10psi to 33psi before overheating. That is the only problem I have had with it.

bootzilla

Adventurer
I have only had mine for a few weeks, but I really like it - it inflated my tires in FAR less time than one of those little pumps you buy at the Wal-Mart.

It does run a little hot, but I can imagine any small pump with a decent amount of power will run hot.

Can't comment on long-term durability yet, but the pump itself works well. I got mine for $50 at Pep Boys, but that as with a rebate, so $48 without having to go through all that is a pretty sweet deal.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Aaron, no problem.

bigreen, I got mine a year ago, $25 at checker just like Brian, the only problem I have ever had with it was the fuse holder, so I replaced the holder with a new one and have never had a problem since.

It will air up my four 265/75 16's in about from 20lb to 38lb in 10-12 min, between 2.5 and 3 min per tire.

BlueFly

Observer
Brian,

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to go pick one up today and will be able to check one more thing off my (long) list!

BCJC

Adventurer
well, of course i just ordered one from 4wheelparts.com for $69...it was a nightmare trying to locate one up here in canada so i just bit the bullet and ordered it up. from what i've read on here and other 4x4 forums, these little units tend to surprise everyone with how good they are, and the amount of "bang fer yer buck". of course my ratio of bang/unit of buck will be lower due to exorbitant expenditures...oh well...

jeff@work

Adventurer
Good find at Costco! I could never find one of those at pepboys and i don't exactly live by a pepboys so I ordered mine from Harbor Freight http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93186
It's labeled as Central Pneumatic but appears to be the same exact thing as the MF1050. I've used it a few times now and it works great...also it comes with a hard plastic case. If you search around you can usually find internet coupons for $5 or $10 off at Harbor Freight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne