Thread: Project: Doitall Dodge

That looks alot like the Dodges the Air Force used in the 50s and 60s for the b-52 bomber crews. It could haul all 6 guys and their gear to the plane on a scramble.
    2013 Tacoma double cab TRD off road package. Mods to come quickly as soon as I get my taxes done.

The truck has 'air force' doors on it that supposedly came off a six-pack dodge truck on a base in new mexico. Then the dodge went to a fire station after that. There are stickers over the air force logo in the paint. Funny.

Fantastic build man! Just went through the post and found myself finally deciding on what to do with all this junk laying around. I've got a 92 D250 with a Cummins and a D60 from a 86 GMC. Guess what Its 4x4 time. Any more up dates?

Keep up the great work. This truck is insane! My head is spinning with ideas...
    2000 UZJ100 with stuff - Sold
    1998 Jeep ZJ Laredo stock with Treadwrights...now my 16 year olds...
    2009 Nissan Versa DD

Hi everyone!

Sorry I slowed down so much. Don't think I don't use the truck! I just got back from a 1500 mile thanksgiving road warrior trip. The truck keeps going and going and going! I have been doing some little stuff as time allows. I sealed up part of the inner fenders and made a new air cleaner mount. Hopefully I will have some more stuff to post soon....

I understand that, I haven't been able to do anything to my truck right now either.

Yep, these Cummins just keep going, I wouldn't trade mine for any other truck out there.
    <><
    Sierra Club, "helping to confine humans within city limits one acre at a time"
    http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ad.php?t=28936

Funny, I went for a bit of a cruise the other day in my 92 and started thinking about your build. Do you still run the large tires daily? Good to hear it is still getting used
    91- F350 CC - 7.3-IDI IH diesel - ATS Turbocharger - ZF 5speed - 1981 Four Wheel Camper
    79- Toyota Hilux 20R 4x4.

My Gypsy wagon buildup: http://expeditionportal.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=38047

yup, every day cruising around on the 39s

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf View Post
    Hi everyone!

Sorry I slowed down so much. Don't think I don't use the truck! I just got back from a 1500 mile thanksgiving road warrior trip. The truck keeps going and going and going! I have been doing some little stuff as time allows. I sealed up part of the inner fenders and made a new air cleaner mount. Hopefully I will have some more stuff to post soon....
    Do you know what kind of mpg's you got with them 39's? And what gears are you running?
    <><
    Sierra Club, "helping to confine humans within city limits one acre at a time"
    http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ad.php?t=28936

I'm still running the stock 3.55s with the 38.5" true height tires.

I got an average of 18.X on the entire trip with a best of 21.2mpg and a worst of 17.4mpg.

In general if I drive under 63 I get 20+, if I drive 75-80 on the interstate I get in the 17-18 range.

I think the perfect gearing will be 3.73 gears with the 5-spd manual transmission. I will be changing the rear axle to a slightly wider 14-bolt GM axle when I get an opportunity. 4.10s would work just fine also at the expense of speed on the highway. When I was running 35s and 3.55s I felt like the truck needed more legs on the interstate. The big tires fixed that no problem

My engine is also basically stock, just an open element air cleaner and a 3" straight pipe. Living in colorado I REALLY need to install a smaller exhaust housing or change the turbo out. I have my eye out for a 04.5-06 he351cw Dodge turbo but haven't come across a good enough deal yet. That turbo should spool MUCH better and support all the power I can get out of the VE pump.

Page 21 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast