Thread: Project: Doitall Dodge

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf View Post
    What flat fender build?
    Your Willy's (Willies?) build!
    My Dream Machine (took a year to find): 2007 Classic Chevy 2500HD WT, 4WD, Extended Cab, Short Bed, LBZ Duramax, Flippac, ARB fridge/freezer aaaand... Now with "Mood Lighting"!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmightySam View Post
    I'm curious if you have any other thoughts from your experience running bio in your truck.
    Not to hijack the thread but anyone with a diesel should take a look at this report. (http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA326098). I run B20 from the only local station in the area that sells it. There is a fuel spec for this now so it should be pretty safe and the lubricity and detergent actions (not to mention the slightly cleaner burning) are all good reason to run this every few tankfuls (if you fill up with a 1/4 tank left you can alternate between B20 and dino fuel and get the lubricity you need).
    My Dream Machine (took a year to find): 2007 Classic Chevy 2500HD WT, 4WD, Extended Cab, Short Bed, LBZ Duramax, Flippac, ARB fridge/freezer aaaand... Now with "Mood Lighting"!

Since I never update this thread I figured everyone watching deserves a picture from the day to day life of this truck.....

Pulled a big FedEx box truck out of the ditch on the way home from work today. Those things are kinda heavy and don't really have any tow points ( lame ). It took quite a bit of pressure in 4wd low range on the strap to get him to move sideways and then out of the ditch onto the road. I think I made the drivers day

Things like this is why I don't think I can ever give up driving a full size truck around.....

Are those chains on the steer wheels???

I thought you want them on the drive wheels...
    92 W250 Cummins on 33s~ For now

Quote Originally Posted by oldestof11 View Post
    Are those chains on the steer wheels???

I thought you want them on the drive wheels...
    He had chains on all 4 wheels. I didn't have any chains no big deal......

Pulls like this always make a guy feel good. Haha. I came across a semi (just the tractor) pulled over right in main street once last summer when I still had my Dakota. I drove around the block assessing the situation twice before I stopped and asked. I was REEEEEAAAAALLLLY hoping he needed a pull. Haha... I stopped and asked him and indeed he was stranded. He had a push button automatic transmission that was not going into gear. (First one of those I had ever seen) unfortunately he got it into gear while I was standing there talking to him. Woulda been a great pic pulling a truck with that Dakota. Even if it was just the cab. Haha

I live for big blizzards. Grab some tow chains and head out looking for stucks! A guy could really make good money if he accepted the money offered by the embarrassed drivers. The pride of "nah, just another tally in the scoreboard for my truck" is worth more than the tow $$!

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf View Post

When I first saw this picture I thought "WOW he scored a Cummins 3.3 for a future project!"

I love pulling people out of the snow and it is always nice to have someone return the favor.
    -Tyler-
    1993 Dodge W250 CUMMINS 4x4
    1985 Toyota FJ60 Landcruiser....soon to be powered by a 4bt Cummins
    1985 FWC Grandby Rebuild Thread
    2010 Yamaha WR250R
    2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport

I should have just kept pulling him on towards the shop FedEx is a big company, they would have never missed that little truck.....

Slight hijack but is the front axle driven on that truck, or are the chains just for steering and braking?

Many years ago, in Colorado Springs I was leaving work and a single axle tractor with short trailer was sitting askew halfway up a long ice covered hill. I offered a tug, and he initially declined, but finally relented. There was my 69 bronco on the end of the strap pulling on this truck, I could turn the wheels and drift across the road back and forth like a hyper active poodle on a leash. I had just enough traction to help him though, we made it to the top. He was laughing when he climbed out of the cab and so was I.
    Neil
    2004 Tacoma Double Cab

Quote Originally Posted by njtacoma View Post
    Slight hijack but is the front axle driven on that truck, or are the chains just for steering and braking?

Many years ago, in Colorado Springs I was leaving work and a single axle tractor with short trailer was sitting askew halfway up a long ice covered hill. I offered a tug, and he initially declined, but finally relented. There was my 69 bronco on the end of the strap pulling on this truck, I could turn the wheels and drift across the road back and forth like a hyper active poodle on a leash. I had just enough traction to help him though, we made it to the top. He was laughing when he climbed out of the cab and so was I.
    I think so. I didn't get to talk to the driver for very long. He was pretty flustered by the time I showed up. I got the feeling he had been there for a while....

Page 80 of 85 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast