Project: Doitall Dodge

Tacoclaw

I busted the slag off an 1/8", 7018 welding for and ground a point on it, worked just fine to push the retainer finger in.

SocalSeabass

Love this truck. Seen it on pirate and stumbled across it here. Just got to the end of the thread. Sorry to see you've lost some momentum with it.

Have you considered switching to the longer ford springs on the front end? You can intigrate the front spring hangers into your bumper and keep the axle where it is now. Maybe the cushy new ride would rekindle your love with the old truck.

If you ever sell yours or come across a manual truck with an intercooler (club cab would be sweet!) for what you got yours for pm me on pirate. I'm Seabass over there. Keep up the thread!

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Thanks. I still drive it every day, it works just fine for me. I am basically to the point I just fix what wears out.

Norwaydodge

Greetings from Norway. Popping out of lurker-mode just to say thanks for a great thread!

Really nice build, crossing fingers for future upgrades ;-)

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Don't worry, it's still running and driving around every day.

When the heck did this thread get to 450K+ views? Dang.

I have started a new project that is going to be a pseudo replacement.

1996 LX450 ( same as FZJ80 ) chassis
1970 FJ45-esk custom pinched cab/tub
2013 LC9 5.3 GM V8 all aluminum engine
6L80E 6-speed automatic
Land Rover LT230 transfer case
Toyota Factory 4.10 E-Locker Differentials
40" Tires and Beadlock wheels
Flat smooth belly
No lift on the J80 chassis and all factory suspension, steering, brakes, etc.

Should be a fun little runabout.

I have been thinking about starting a thread here.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Do another build on this new LX450. That should be really cool. Sell me the dodge.

I will try and get a thread started over here. I have one kinda going on pirate but it is hidden in the wrong section.

Sell the dodge. Make me an offer. Honestly, it needs a little refreshing 5 years after the build. It's just getting older and needs someone that wants to play with it. Tires are also getting pretty close to needing replaced.

Wilbah

Adventurer
Dunno if the Dodge is gone or not but thanks so much for documenting everything you did with it. I like your "keep it simple" approach. And that you just used it all the time too.

You live in a great area too! The wife and I had fun at the Strater many moons ago. Went back with the kids 20 years later and stayed in Silverton doing (easy) trails around there. Really beautiful part of the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94