Need help with nuts... nutcerts that is.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I'm looking to mount 3 nutcert per side into the Hannibal's side rails so that I can cleanly attach my Shadyboy awning. I have a caliper tool with a depth reading, but how do I figure out which one I really need? I know to get them from McMaster or whatever there called.

Aaron

IZZYDUSIT

Adventurer
The insert you should use should be just a tad smaller the the tube you are inserting into, and taking in consideration the load it is going to support.
check my prior posts when I built my trailer lid.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
The tube I'm going into is rectangular about 2" tall 1" wide, was primarily concerned with depth and thread penetration. I know I'll want open end NC's.

P3215370-1.jpg

P2075183.jpg

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
The insert you should use should be just a tad smaller the the tube you are inserting into, and taking in consideration the load it is going to support.
check my prior posts when I built my trailer lid.

Hmm well I need to get ordered and soon. Just know that they will be supporting an Aluminum awning that has a light rain fly type material. I will use 4 nutcerts and mount them Left Right and rear so I can mount the awning where ever.

Aaron

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I'm just going to through bolt it, I'd like the clean look of nutz but just can't find em local enough to touch and make certain (no one will let me hold their.... whoaaa) So as much as I hate to through bolt the shady boy to the Hannibal rack buuuuut I might just do it.

Aaron

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
We used nutcerts on the KJ, prior to installing the nutcert, we applied a good dab of JB Weld on them so once they were installed we would not have an issue with them in the future. Only time will tell at this point.

Old_FJ_Guy

Observer
I ordered my nutserts from Lawson Products. I am pretty certain you can also get them from Fastenal which seems to have stores everywhere now. I would use the same size nutserts that the manufacturer reccomends to mount the system with the bolts provided, if that makes since? The JB Weld or perhaps a good Loctite product is a great idea and I never considered that. I have used them a lot without the adhesive without any issues. Pretty standard stuff in the racing community. Good luck with your project!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz