eezi awn knock of...

LUISJG

Explorer
wow do like this knock of eezi awn tent.all aluminum frames,the tent fabric actualy zipers al the way arround the frame.
the mattress look funny ... i like the ladder though

Last edited:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
I take it you are an Alibaba shopper. It does look like a Eezi-Awn Serries 2 knock off, and looks like it is lacking in the HD canvas, and such. On our last trip David said the Eezi-Awn was similar to MIL-Spec!

Kind of sad that anyone would rip off another's companies design so close, but then again it is China! I think they even knock off cars, motorcycles, and all that to a T.

LUISJG

Explorer
WELL im not an ALIBABA SHOPPER , but i saw it there and whas chatting on the messenger with the manufacturer,, i did not buy one though,,, im
to nervous to buy something like that and then recieve junk, or not recieve anything at all...

articulate

Expedition Leader
mountainpete said:
Ok... I don't want to ruffle feathers here, but what is Alibaba Shopper and why is it so evil? :smilies27
I'm glad someone asked, 'cuz I'm dying to know, too! ...and make sure I'm not one by default.

:friday:

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
www.alibaba.com is a B2B marketplace networking website where businesses can go to hook up with other businesses from around the world. I'm sure it has some positive atributes but it also seems to be full of knock-off low-quality merchandise. The kind of stuff you see people selling huge quantities of on Ebay, you know - type in LED headlamp on Ebay and then weed through the hundreds of $2.00 knock offs in order to find the Petzel!

Wil was probably tipped off by the broken english in the quote from the first post, due to the international nature of alibaba.com.

But I could be wrong...

LUISJG

Explorer
Dont know if alibaba shoper is bad or good ,,,LOL
just came across it there and found it intersting to talk about it,

Scott Brady

Founder
Thanks for the post Luis, our frustration was not directed at you. I think most of us hate to see blantant copycats.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
No, I was not talking down about Alibaba, but in a recent search for rooftop tents I stumbled across Alibaba with this result. Then a further search results that they are produced by Greenline. It is odd that the product is not on their website as a product though.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Thanks for the post Luis. That is kind of an eye-opener. Looks like nothing is safe any more! That's crazy. I can't say without seeing it for myself in person, but there is likely no way I would put that thing on my truck. It looks very cheaply built, with regular nylon fabric and budget seams, etc. The mattress looks like low-grade foam (curling up). Oh well, there will always be a market for "junque" I guess.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
FYI, Ali Baba is Arabic slang for a thief, a bad guy, you've all read Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves... :rolleyes:

Interesting name for an international trade site. Many countries outside the US and EU completely ignore patents, copyrights etc.

Willman

05TACODOC said:
FYI, Ali Baba is Arabic slang for a thief, a bad guy, you've all read Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves... :rolleyes:

Interesting name for an international trade site. Many countries outside the US and EU completely ignore patents, copyrights etc.

:littlefriend: .........not good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles