Shower

Blitzburg

Anyone help me out with the particulars of hooking up a hot water shower on my M416? I know I need a water tank, power to the trailer, water pump................what's the best way to heat the water? How's the plumbing go................tank to pump to heater, to shower head? Any particular brand of pump and heater that is better than the other or one to avoid? Thanks

texaslawman

Observer
I have the one outdoorsaddict posted up I got it ate the local camping world its called the ecotemp L5 I have a shurflo 2.8 pump but it will also work off the cheapo colman shower that runs on 4 d cell batteries I just took the shower head off the colman and screwed it into the ecotemp.

BoxCar

Seth, I like your set up. How do you heat it? Just let it sit in the sun? Add hot water? Thanks for the post.

Seth Kendall

Adventurer
Whoops

I forgot that part wasn't included in that part of the thread.

You just heat it up on your Coleman or other stove. Once you've filled it with water it takes about 5-10 minutes to heat it up to about 100. The tank thermometer gives me an idea of when it is hot enough, but prior to this I used the hand test. Any temp around 100 shouldn't hurt your skin so this works fine. Then just add the pump, pump it a few times and pull the handle when you need water. I made the hose long enough to let the canister sit on the ground while hanging the nozzle above my head. That's also what the elbow joint is for.

Stouttrout

Adventurer
I bought the coleman at the link below during Hurricane IKE. I was without power for only about 4 weeks and Lived off and on in Bolivar for while. I wish I had during Rita, out for about 2 months that time. The one thing i missed most was hot showers and coffee. With this it was so easy and the battery last for along time. When I built the camping trailer I plan to use it and put a Power inverter in it to charge the battery.

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Water-Demand-Portable-Heater/dp/B0009PURE0

ThomD

Explorer
We have the Coleman hot water on Demand, but don't have the shower attachment for it. How well does that work? I'd be concerned about going through the water pretty fast with that.

Stouttrout

Adventurer
It works great. 5 gallons of water would last us quite awhile. We would conserve since I am on a well that can be hooked up to a generator but I ran the Generator very little, We would fill up a big wash pail everyday for water. Use that to fill the 5 gallon jug. then just rinse off, Lather up, and Rinse off again.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I bought the coleman at the link below during Hurricane IKE. I was without power for only about 4 weeks and Lived off and on in Bolivar for while. I wish I had during Rita, out for about 2 months that time. The one thing i missed most was hot showers and coffee. With this it was so easy and the battery last for along time. When I built the camping trailer I plan to use it and put a Power inverter in it to charge the battery.

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Water-Demand-Portable-Heater/dp/B0009PURE0

How well do these work? I saw one on sale for $150 I probably should have snatched up. How much flow and pressure do they make? See any reason it couldn't be adapted for use with a full size propane tank using the Coleman tank adaptors?

Stouttrout

Adventurer
Mine was run on a full size tank. They work great. The water is near boiling on the high side. I ran it off a small tank for a bit and seemed to use very little propane. Like I said. I love mine, Washed dishes, shaved, showered, and even made coffe in the moring and tea in the afternoon with it. Pretty duable too. I had mine on shelf about 4 foot from the ground and some guys working for me knockewd it off onto concrete. No problems with it.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
The only problem with the Coleman hot water heater/tap: You can not operate the water heater while the battery is charging. Otherwise it works fine.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Yeah, the battery thing is the only problem I see. I'll have to see if there's a way to step down the voltage from 12V to 6V and run continuous off the main battery?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne