Any FJ Cruisers?

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
This youg fellow was plying the field in San Felipe, looks like a very capable suv, as for me I love them and would like to get my hands on one of them; as a matter of fact I did order and put a deposit in one of them, but my wife did not like them at all, however she likes and wants a 07 jeep wrangler. ouch!:violent-smiley-031:

Attachments

• San Felipe, Puertecitos, Sierra Juarez 021.jpg
    San Felipe, Puertecitos, Sierra Juarez 021.jpg
    798.8 KB · Views: 95

bh4rnnr

Adventurer
I like them. Funny cause when I first saw them I hated them. They are a very capable vehicle. Robbie Antonson, a fellow from our club got on the central Fj team. I have been lucky enough to hang out with the crew and Fj's a few times. After seeing them on the trail, I am very impressed!. I enjoyed watching them at Cruise Moab this year. Chris Nelson, one of the Fj Trail Team drivers was the first to drive the Fj up Double Whammy. Was fun to watch. You can see pics here of the Fj in action. Best of luck in what you decide:beer:

FJ Cruiser

Adventurer
eurorom said:
This youg fellow was plying the field in San Felipe, looks like a very capable suv, as for me I love them and would like to get my hands on one of them; as a matter of fact I did order and put a deposit in one of them, but my wife did not like them at all, however she likes and wants a 07 jeep wrangler. ouch!:violent-smiley-031:

My girlfriend didn't like them at first, but once she saw it in person she changed her mind. I like that set up of that rig in the pic.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Here is another picture...

Look at the tires air down and ready for the desert.:sport_box

Attachments

• San Felipe, Puertecitos, Sierra Juarez 022.jpg
    San Felipe, Puertecitos, Sierra Juarez 022.jpg
    837.3 KB · Views: 97

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I love they way they look. They are very cool indeed. I did go and check one out, but after sitting in the drivers seat for a bit I decided that I really did not like it. I would not buy one from the sheer standpoint of the way I did not like it from the drivers seat, but still a very cool and capable truck. Everyone has thier own tastes, and I guess I am used to driving a green house on wheels. Keep us up on your progress with your FJ, and please show us some pics. And also, welcome to ExPo!:beer:

FJ Cruiser

Adventurer
datrupr said:
I love they way they look. They are very cool indeed. I did go and check one out, but after sitting in the drivers seat for a bit I decided that I really did not like it. I would not buy one from the sheer standpoint of the way I did not like it from the drivers seat, but still a very cool and capable truck. Everyone has thier own tastes, and I guess I am used to driving a green house on wheels. Keep us up on your progress with your FJ, and please show us some pics. And also, welcome to ExPo!:beer:

Thanks for the welcome and yes I'll post pics of all the mods.

Cheers

imagodave

Adventurer
Just Start'n

FJ Cruiser said:
Just wanted to see if anyone has built and started using their FJC for light expeditions?
Purchased 5 dayz ago. Here we go! Looking at Donahue for lift, waiting for rear shock and spring kit which they say shoud be any time now. I have also looked at OME, but the Donahues look beefier. Wheels and Tires following Scotts article I wonder how large to go? Wheels, hear they are having challenges with steel wheels draging on the calipers, so have to go with black aluminum. New roof rack have you seen anything else other than the GOBI? Front bumper & grille guard? ARB, Road Armour...... Rear bumper with tire carrier to remove load from back door. Dual batteries, Fridge and the kitchen sink:jump:

Boy oh boy, this is gonna be fun.:xxrotflma

FJ Cruiser

Adventurer
imagodave said:
Purchased 5 dayz ago. Here we go! Looking at Donahue for lift, waiting for rear shock and spring kit which they say shoud be any time now. I have also looked at OME, but the Donahues look beefier. Wheels and Tires following Scotts article I wonder how large to go? Wheels, hear they are having challenges with steel wheels draging on the calipers, so have to go with black aluminum. New roof rack have you seen anything else other than the GOBI? Front bumper & grille guard? ARB, Road Armour...... Rear bumper with tire carrier to remove load from back door. Dual batteries, Fridge and the kitchen sink:jump:

Boy oh boy, this is gonna be fun.:xxrotflma

I'm going to go with 16" aluminum American Racing Teflon wheels and Interco Truxus tires - Coilovers form Race Runner. I'm trying to figure out the power situation since I also want to have a fridge. Factory rack for now, but I do like the Gobi rack for sure - haven't seen anything else that looks and fits as good as the Gobi. Yeah, and I would like to have a swing away tire carrier to add two jerry cans on it, but haven't seen one of those yet.
Congratulations on the FJ! Read the other post that you had and I guess it's good that your wife decide not to part with the 4 Runner!

Maher

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles