Roof Rack

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I have a BajaRack. I am quite happy with it too I just wish I would have went with a different mounting set-up than the factory roofrack on my Taco. They are well-built too.

I will give props to Sierra Expeditions too. I didn't get my rack from them but have ordered from tehm in the past with excellent results!

pete.wilson

Adventurer
Hey

I have a Wilderness Sport Rack that I had on my 99 Grand Cherokee, comes with 4 light brackets, tire carrier, and axe/shovel brackets and bracket for a hi-lift jack. It's in great shape with almost no rust, one would have to pick it up as I would think shipping would be quite high. $200 firm Send PM for picks.

Pete Wilson
Ottawa, KS

Ranger4x4dr

Observer
roof cargo rack

Check out the Rola Roof Mounted Cargo Rack. It has the fairing included and the best price I've found is $159.95 no tax and free shipping at etrailer.com. Ebay has them as well for the "buy it now" price of $131.00+$56.28 shipping so $187.28 and possibly tax.

Mine will be arriving today (4/8/09) and I'll post pics when I get it installed. It will work with factory roof racks that do not exceed 3.5" dia. cross bars and should also work with aftermarket rack systems. They mention the rectangular tube like the Thule racks but I have the Yakama round cross bars but looking at the u-bolt mounting setup it should work fine.

mangus7175

Observer
Check out the Rola Roof Mounted Cargo Rack. It has the fairing included and the best price I've found is $159.95 no tax and free shipping at etrailer.com. Ebay has them as well for the "buy it now" price of $131.00+$56.28 shipping so $187.28 and possibly tax.

I just bought one of those Black Window Racks from discountramps.com ($160 w/ priority shipping) and it installed really easy. Similar to the one you mentioned it came with everything you need to install.

IMG_0151.jpg

Ranger4x4dr

Observer
Rola roof rack pics

Here are a few pics of the Rola rack installed on my Ranger.

It has a capicity of 130lbs. or the limit of your factory rack whichever is less.

The workmanship is good and it's very solid when the 2 halfs are assembled. There is about 4 to 6" of engagement at the slip joint.

I'm very pleased with the purchase and the wind noise is slightly noticable with the radio off but probably due to the fact that it is mounted directly over the cab of the truck.

Attachments

• rack 004.jpg
    rack 004.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 98
  • rack 005.jpg
    rack 005.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 65
  • rack 009.jpg
    rack 009.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 56

Forum statistics

Threads