Goodyear wrangler duratrac

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Is that maybe a typo? Surprised to hear of a 245/75R16 in LR C.

Whoa, whoa, whoa....

245/75R16... in load range C.

This just turned the tides in my build thread. Is anybody here running this tire, or am I gonna have to be a guinea pig? What's the ExPo world say?!

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Upon further inspection though they appear to miss the mark on sizes available for what I'm after. There are no 33x9/10.50's nor are there any 255/85R16s... so as much as I really like the look of these, at least for now, they're out of the running.

I am liking the load ratings though, that's something that's making me hope they add some other sizes here soon.

Cheers

Dave

OneTime

Adventurer
What about the Goodyear Authority that Walmart is carrying? Seems to be a AT/MT Same price range about $165.00

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
I used GY Wranglers for years. I found that all models except the MT/R were vulnerable in the sidewalls. I have not seen that problem yet with the Bridgestone Revos I am running now. I hope that these new GY tires have the stout sidewalls of the MT/Rs and are quieter?

My new F350 has a new set of Michelin M+S tires, and I will see how they hold up, The Micheleins on my other Ford truck have given me 62,000 (mainly highway) miles.

jfarsang

Adventurer
I hope that these new GY tires have the stout sidewalls of the MT/Rs and are quieter?

:ylsmoke:

I was originally going to buy the Duractrac's but once I saw them in the store side by side with the MTR's and then mounted (aired down) and flexed, I took the manager's advice.

If you want a decent sidewall, stay away from the Duratrac's.

They are softer than the average all season car tire.

This is a multi-store area manager who told me they may not carry many of them because of the lack of sidewall strength.

My 2 cents.

I was hoping it was going to be my next tire but the new MTR's are fairing much better than the last two sets of all terrain's I've had.

They are worth a look.

Coworker bought them, took his tacoma on a logging road and some mild crawling and the sidewall folded and popped the bead.

He took them back and got the kevlar MTR's which I told him to get in the first place.

When you see the Duratrac's in person, just take your fingers and squeeze the sidewalls. You'll see what I mean. Butter soft and very thin.

winkosmosis

Explorer
:ylsmoke:
Check out the other new Goodyear AT tires

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777742&highlight=goodyear

2009-05-15161222.jpg

28sbq4m.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne