285/75R16 ******** Cepek FC II, Mickey Thompson MTZ/ATZ, Cooper S/T-C

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30744&highlight=tire+pull

You can follow the above thread regarding tire pull/drift and alignment. Not twitchy, but it is caster related. I will have some updating posts in the next few days.

In short, it's a matter of the tread-alignment-chassis interface.

Redline,

Bravo on your in "depth" and analytical approach to tire selection. Please keep up the good work. Very informative.

I too am considering the 255/85R16 size in BFG KM2's for my 2008 Xterra or 285 size in DC FCII, MT MTZ and even the Firestone Desti MT.

In addition, the 255's are downright cheaper than the equivalent in 285 in Hawaii by as much as $30-$40 a rubber.

I have been following this thread for a while but was unable to find your issues with the 255 in search.

What exactly was this "tracking" issue you ran into? Does the vehicle drift or pull or worse become overly twitchy?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience. Dapir8

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
But I wanna eat my cake too!!! Thanks for the reply. I am considering the Procomp x-allterains, Mickey T's ATZs or the good ol' BFG ATs. Any experience with any of these? I have run the bfg but only on our Tacoma so got 60000

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
No experience with any of the treads you mentioned, though there are plenty of fans here and many posts about BFG ATs.

But I wanna eat my cake too!!! Thanks for the reply. I am considering the Procomp x-allterains, Mickey T's ATZs or the good ol' BFG ATs. Any experience with any of these? I have run the bfg but only on our Tacoma so got 60000

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Winner: ******** Cepek Fun Country II LT285/75R16

The short story is:

I planned to stay with the 255/85R16 size, but my continuing tire pull/alignment issue (addressed in other ExPo tire threads) caused me to return a set of new BFG KM2 in 255/85. Discount Tire gave me my money back and still sold me the DC FCII for a very low 'online' price of 167.00 each. I still needed to adjust the alignment, seemingly not the fault of the tires.

Since this was a discussion about a few different treads, I'll start a new thread specifically about the Fun Country II. :sombrero:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles