FS: 1.4 Hannibal Tent, enclosed fly, Rocky Mountain rack

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
Hi everyone. I'm selling the following:

1.4 metre Hannibal Tent
Extended rain fly and enclosed room around ladder
Rocky Mountain half length aluminium rack for Land Rover 110
Custom aluminium hinged mounting system for tent

We bought this tent a couple years ago and unfortunately it was only used for probably 14 nights. A RTT seemed like the dream of luxury for me, but although my wife genuinely loves it, it would probably take some time for her to really look forward to using it a lot. Add to the mix a 1 year old baby now, and I admit I didn't really think about this purchase enough before buying it.

Plus, my 110 needs a new engine, and since I think with my young family it will be at least 4 years before I give this tent much use again, I'd rather suck up my pride, sell it, and put the money towards getting my truck back on the road.

I'll post some more photos when I get a chance, but in addition to the one included, you can see some more at the following URLs:

http://www.clarke.ca/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Hannibal_Tent_Mounting
http://www.clarke.ca/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Hannibal_Tent_Land_Rover_110

Here's some more info copied and pasted from a similar post at d-90.com:

I'm in Canada so my default currency is going to be C$. The current exchange rate is 0.788799 in favour of the USD.

I bought the tent for C$1560 (USD1231) a couple years ago. I bought it from the official Canadian Hannibal distributor at the time, GCEC (Great Canadian Expedition Company). I'm not sure if they're still in business or not. This price was just for the tent but then they shipped me the extended fly and room as a free upgrade afterwards. I didn't even ask for this so I very much appreciated the extra bonus.

I figure I'll start off with a price of about 2/3 my original purchase price, and work down from there. For you Americans if you want the tent it works out well for you as the USD is much stronger against the CAD than it was two years ago.

So ... my asking price is C$1200 (USD947). Each week my plan is to reduce the price by C$30 until either the tent is sold, or until it's a low enough price that I'd rather just keep it. It is also going to be advertised elsewhere so don't be surprised if you see this posting on other boards too

As far as shipping goes, I don't really know how much it will cost. I believe it was about $200 to ship, but I'll just charge you whatever the real cost is. I don't currently have a truck which makes delivery difficult, but I'll do my best to work with the buyer.

Oh yeah. The rack was purchased for, I believe, $200 off eBay used. I got a killer deal on that. I then spent IIRC around $250 fabricating custom tent mounts for this tent. Let's say then that if you want to buy the rack and mounts with the tent, I'll sell those for an additional C$400 (USD316).

Thanks again,
- Andrew.

Attachments

• DSC_9317.jpg
    DSC_9317.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 476

Beanholder

Hi Andrew,

I am very interested in your tent - do you have it still, or has it been sold? I will actually be in Ottawa this coming week an would love to have a look at it if it's nearby. Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,
-Sean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles