89 Montero Build: "From Compton to the Con"

OzX

Adventurer
monteronew.jpg

web.jpg

Great buildup; I'm also happy to see that you brought dignity back to this vehicle! Well done

Cleand

Adventurer
That is a sweet rig. My first 4x4 was a Montero Sport, and I sure do miss it.
Where was the top picture taken when you are making that tight sqeeze?

OzX

Adventurer
That is a sweet rig. My first 4x4 was a Montero Sport, and I sure do miss it.
Where was the top picture taken when you are making that tight sqeeze?

"The Squeeze" Pinyon Mountain Trail, Anza Borrego, CA
IMG_4227.jpg

Justice R

Adventurer

Thanks. Right now I'm working on my 91 LWB. Maybe I need to start a thread on that. Its a pretty mild build, but I wanted a rig with more room and I'm retiring the 95.

As far as the SWB, I'm going to put an ARB front locker in it soon. That will be my next Major project with it. I Have a set of Gen2 upper control arms, and a larger steering box from a 95 that I'm going to swap in as well along with the beefier gen 2 idler arm. I'll probably do that all at the same time. I still want to add a trans fluid temp gauge and mount a small pusher fan in front of the tranny cooler. There are always things I can do on this rig. I also Have a new carpet kit sitting in the garage. I think I'll wait until I install the front locker before I start that project.

The last thing I did to it was install a set of hella conversion headlights. These are a great improvement over the oldschool halogens.

web.jpg

Oh yea, forgot to add that my wife had duratracs intalled on it when I was in Afghanistan. The MTR's were worn pretty good and one of them got a sidewall puncture somehow.

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
Just checked out this thread. Awesome Monty! I love the SWB Mitsus. I'm an Isuzu guy on the hunt for an 89 Trooper RS to complement my 91.

Keep up the good work. :Wow1:

Bart

JOnesbilt24

Truck Looks Great

Here is a link to some motivational Okinawan 4 wheeling Videos. I own a 95 SWB Pajero. We also owned a 91 Pajero LWB. Great truck except the timing belt broke when I was in the sand box. Any way enjoy the Vid.

S/F Evan.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUmG295CTp4"]YouTube- 066.MPG[/ame]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94