Earl Grey Tea...

RoverMack

Adventurer
Wow!!! I love this stuff. Probably the best tea I have ever tasted. Anyone else drink this regularly?

Earl Grey rather than PG tips. The importance of stopping and taking the time to brew a cup of tea is rather overlooked and perhaps under rated especially on overland trips:)
When your Land Rover develops a mysterious and ominous mechanical noise or you get stuck on an obstacle miles from anywhere before you dig out the tools or recovery gear, taking the time to calmly assess the situation over a cup of tea has proved invaluable over the years (and prevented some ill advised initial reactions to certain situations) LR workshop manuals should all have tea cup rings on the frequently used pages. Also what better way to defuse the stress and frustration at border crossings than to brew a cup of tea:coffee:

7wt

Expedition Leader
Being from Texas I grew up on tea, ice tea no sugar. I never would have thought to drink it hot so it never went with me on camping trips. Now in New England, I like to drink something warm from time to time and I don't drink coffee. I discovered how relaxing hot tea is.

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
I have never had any joy finding PG Tips, I always get my mum to bring them from the UK when she comes. I was just in Wholefoods and low and behold they have them and always have had!

I think its still more fun to make you mum bring 2000 tea bags through customs!

Rob

Absolutely. Christmas puddings are fun to import, too. :)

Cheers,
Graham

laxtoy

Adventurer
ha! i can't believe i get to share my love of earl grey tea wich yall! i had a coworker years and years ago who drank it every day and i was enticed by the fruit loops cereal aroma. i recently bought a cup at starbucks, and the snotty ***** behind the counter chose to share connivingly to her coworker how it reminder her of old people, but it didn't spoil my love for it. i want you to picture this if you will, a fluffy chocolate scone with rich earl grey frosting - a friend of mine infused the two and it was like he raided jesus' personal baked good stash

Blueberry

I used to drink Earl Grey a lot too. Nowadays I often add some cardamom into my tea - it is great (especially with a dash of condensed milk). You may want to try it.

DontPanic42

Adventurer
Lapsong Souchong, straight up.....it has amazing overtones to the flavor

Now that is what I call tea!!! Hard to find around here but worth the hunt. The flavour reminds me of sailing ships. Don't know why but that is the vision I have when I settle back of a cuppa LS.

SunTzuNephew

Explorer
Now that is what I call tea!!! Hard to find around here but worth the hunt. The flavour reminds me of sailing ships. Don't know why but that is the vision I have when I settle back of a cuppa LS.

The tea is dried over pine nut fires, and that causes it to pick up sort of salt-air and tar tastes....it's great! I buy some from tea specialty shops when we're in the BIG cities...or mail order it if a trip is off the radar scope.

I usually drink coffee (unless in some country where they can actually brew decent tea - England, India, Nepal). I can't stand anything from Lipton or tetleys, and want my tea strong enough that I can't see the bottom of the cup. The tea dust that Liptons uses is just too weak and bitter for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior