Earl Grey Tea...

M

modelbuilder

Wow!!! I love this stuff. Probably the best tea I have ever tasted. Anyone else drink this regularly?

7wt

Expedition Leader
I am an Irish breakfast tea guy. I have several loose teas ready to go in air tight containers. I have a really nice spiced earl grey, an oolong and a couple green teas. All in all I like the mild pick me up and mellow taste of the Irish the best.

Does anyone else do the loose teas or do you guys just stick with the bagged stuff?

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I am all about the Oolong here - TenRen is my personal fave or any other cheap loose leaf. Don't really care for flavored tea's or any Oolong that has another flavor with it.
The missus is into the Earl Grey or Englis breakfast.

we both only drink loos leaf...

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Wow, I just checked our pantry and we have everything from Tarajulie to Rooibos, Jasmine Green to Chocolatey Chai. Now you would think, with the wife and I being tea freaks and all, that we'd have a couple leaves of Earl hanging around but nope. Crazy. Earl's good but I'm more of a chai or green kinda guy. My wife digs the black teas more than I.

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
I've always been an EG drinker - lately I've been mixing a bag of EG with a bag of peppermint - pretty nice.:coffeedrink:

Robthebrit

Explorer
I like Earl gray but none of the various flavored teas that seem common in th US. I grew up drinking PG tips, Tetley and Yorkshire tea and I drink tea with milk in it. I don't really have a preference out of those three they are all great. I never drink 'English Breakfast Tea' because its not strong enough.

If you want to buy English tea you can get it at Cost Plus World Markets in bags or loose leaf (If you live in a big city find an British Shop, they usually have it too)

Rob

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
I like Earl gray but none of the various flavored teas that seem common in th US. I grew up drinking PG tips, Tetley and Yorkshire tea and I drink tea with milk in it. I don't really have a preference out of those three they are all great. I never drink 'English Breakfast Tea' because its not strong enough.

If you want to buy English tea you can get it at Cost Plus World Markets in bags or loose leaf (If you live in a big city find an British Shop, they usually have it too)

Rob

Earl Grey is one of the few English teas I like to drink without milk.

Its not Earl Grey but amazon.com sells PG Tips for a reasonable price. Not cheap, just more reasonable than elsewhere.

If you can't find that or can't wait for shipping and you need strong tea that's tasty, and turns a mug brown in less than a minute, Irish breakfast tea from Trader Joes is rather effective.

Just my opinion of course. Like beer, tea drinkers are an opinionated bunch.

Cheers,
Graham

We have a bunch of British expats here. PG Tips is regular grocery store fare, along with a fair amount of other British foods. I buy the Mornflake Porridge Oats and prefer it to Quaker Oats.

Robthebrit

Explorer
I have never had any joy finding PG Tips, I always get my mum to bring them from the UK when she comes. I was just in Wholefoods and low and behold they have them and always have had!

I think its still more fun to make you mum bring 2000 tea bags through customs!

Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles