KM2's on national Backorder??

tmac

Adventurer
I had my 255/80/17 KM2's in under a week so they can't be that backordered. These are a pretty damn rare size and my dealer had no problem locating them. A lot of it depends on how motivated your tire guy is.

It's more to do with the more popular sizes I think. I finally got my new 285/70/17s last week. I had to wait 4 months as there were none to be had anywhere. I checked all the on-line stores as well as the local shops. It seems that BFG did not realize how popular these tires were going to be.
I replaced my first set after approx. 34k miles, but I bet I could have gotten close to 40k. Not bad for a mudder.

sasaholic

Adventurer
According to my UPS tracking # they should be in my driveway when I get home from work:ylsmoke: Holding my breath to see if they screwed me somehow, wrong size, etc.

u better post when u get home and let me know. if you get em im gunna rip them a new hole. i ordered mine on march 15th and they say atleast 4 more weeks. im getting pissed and im gunna freak if you get yours. good luck and i hope they sent the right ones

BigAl

Expedition Leader
u better post when u get home and let me know. if you get em im gunna rip them a new hole. i ordered mine on march 15th and they say atleast 4 more weeks. im getting pissed and im gunna freak if you get yours. good luck and i hope they sent the right ones

:wings: gottem, right size and all. i'd call and see if they can find you a set somewhere. mine came from texas and i'm in PA, good luck

Attachments

• Photo_05.jpg
    Photo_05.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 25

off-roader

Expedition Leader
:wings: gottem, right size and all. i'd call and see if they can find you a set somewhere. mine came from texas and i'm in PA, good luck

I had a buddy who works for one of the largest tire distributors in N. America check into this for me a couple of weeks ago. He said there was in fact a nation-wide back order and that I was looking at a minimum of 6 weeks before the size I needed would become available again (MT KM2 35x12.5x15).

I asked how could they have a back order on these tires when they're so popular and you'd figure they'd have their forecasting numbers spot on with them. He said that the KM2 and in fact their entire 'off road enthusiast line up' is a very small slice of BFG's entire lineup and not even close to being their bread and butter hence they didn't put as big a focus on ensuring they didn't run out.

bmxer06pa

Adventurer
i got a set of 265 75 r16 at sears in about 2 days. they price match off of the web (+shipping) and have all of the hazard protection and what not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online