Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heads up! 62W global solar foldable panel $525

vagabond wander, on the road again, South bound...

Exclamation Heads up! 62W global solar foldable panel $525

Hi gang!

The seller had four left when I bought mine an hour ago

Retail is around $850-$950 so that makes this a smokin' deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123
    Rich G

1999 XJ Sport, AX15/Hurst, Headers 2.5" Exhaust, K&N Cone, Rusty's Adj. Track Bar, Lower control Arms, 3" Springs, Spacers & Shackles 4" Lift. OME Shocks, Quicker Disco's, 31X10.50 MT MTZ's, Cragers, Warrior Bumpers & Other Stuff

Nothing matters but everything counts. . .

"The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools." Thucydides circa 460 bc - c. 400 bc

That is below wholesale cost. I hope it is not a scam or they are stolen units.
    Mario Donovan, Trailer & Vehicle Builder and Traveller.
    12' JK Rubicon w/ Habitat, self contained, 48K miles & counting
    92' Jeep MJ, 371K+ miles of dust & joy, retired
    "No matter where you go, there you are"

www.adventuretrailers.com
    ATOverland

Talking Smokin' deal...

I know, very much below

I spoke with GS as well as the seller before ordering. Seller seemed reputable and GS said that if they were new and unused if there were a problem with the unit they would take care of it. Talk about CS!

Mine has shipped via UPS and will arrive 4/1 I'll post upon receipt.

BTW - looks like they sold another one. Two left...
    Rich G

1999 XJ Sport, AX15/Hurst, Headers 2.5" Exhaust, K&N Cone, Rusty's Adj. Track Bar, Lower control Arms, 3" Springs, Spacers & Shackles 4" Lift. OME Shocks, Quicker Disco's, 31X10.50 MT MTZ's, Cragers, Warrior Bumpers & Other Stuff

"The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools." Thucydides circa 460 bc - c. 400 bc

Quote Originally Posted by elcoyote View Post
    That is below wholesale cost. I hope it is not a scam or they are stolen units.
    If you were to take a look at the seller you can see two things

Cargolargo is able to bring you significant savings by buying lost cargo shipments, unclaimed freight, manufacturer and distributor overstocks, and close-out merchandise from the United States and beyond.

seller's reputation
    Score: 121872 | 99.3% Positive

Jim
    4x4 Tourist

Trip reports are on my Blog: "Sun To The North"

Two Favorite Expo Quotes: "A bad day on the trail is better than a good day in the city" & "Bad days make for GREAT stories!"

did you ever receive the panel? if so thoughts?

Yep, I received it. I haven't had a chance to test it out yet but the fit and finish is top notch and very robust too.
    Rich G

Nice! Glad to hear it wasnt a scam! Let us know how she performs!

Same seller has a Suntech 175w on there right now. Would be nice for a campertop.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUNTECH-175-WATT...713.m153.l1262
    2009 Kawasaki KLR650E
    1999 Ford F-250
    1971 Land Rover SIIA 88

He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.

I have been reading up on these more as I want to add a solar setup for this years camping trips.

In addition to the solar panel, it looks like you need two more items.

1. Global Solar Accessory Kit
    Which contains the various outlets if you want to plug your fridge directly to it, and battery clamps to keep your main or aux. battery topped off.

2. Global Solar 7 amp Charge controller
    Also needed to plug first into the solar panel, then the accessories in #1 above plug into this unit to prevent overcharging your rigs batteries.

If I do get one, I would not be plugging the ARB fridge into it, I would be using the solar panel to keep my rigs batteries topped off.
    Last edited by Corey; 04-12-2009 at 09:50 PM. Reason: want not wnat ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I have been reading up on these more as I want to add a solar setup for this years camping trips.

In addition to the solar panel, it looks like you need two more items.

1. Global Solar Accessory Kit
    Which contains the various outlets if you want to plug your fridge directly to it, and battery clamps to keep your main or aux. battery topped off.

2. Global Solar 7 amp Charge controller
    Also needed to plug first into the solar panel, then the accessories in #1 above plug into this unit to prevent overcharging your rigs batteries.

If I do get one, I would not be plugging the ARB fridge into it, I would be using the solar panel to keep my rigs batteries topped off.
    Of course! You don't want a fluctuating voltage input.

I did get the GS charge controller and the accessories kit. It woud be easy enough to make everything in the kit but since it was less than twenty bucks, I figured it was a good deal...
    Rich G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast