Pedal extenders for drivers of short stature

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
My teenage girl has topped out at a petite 4'7" and is learning to drive. She's fine in our Ford Focus but the Jeep Wrangler pedals have been out of reach: Even with the seat so close to the steering wheel there's no space for her. (Insert jokes about sports bras and mammograms here!)

After a bit of research I bought some PedalMates pedal extenders from Creative Controls:

DSC_2656.jpg

DSC_2657.jpg

The cost was $260 shipped for three pedals which isn't particularly cheap but the build quality seems to be good, they secure tightly and are very adjustable. Although, as with most "universal fit" items, a trip to the hardware store was required to get different length bolts.

The end result is said teenage girl can now comfortably and safely drive the Jeep. :) The pedal extenders aren't quick to remove so the rest of us have been driving with them in place without any problems whatsoever. Other than the seat position the only difference we've noticed is the brake requires a lot less pressure now the lever is longer.

Cheers,
Graham

p.s. Yes, its time to paint the floor again!

Last edited:

OTR

Adventurer
Looks good. I work with many patients to get adaptive equipment for many things. The cost is usually high but, so is the companies liability. I think that you got by for a fair price. Now your insurance premiums is another story:smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94