Walker Evans Racing - Coil Over Shocks

KEENO

Adventurer
Since I dropped an 8' Alaskan Camper in the back of my 1992 Dodge W250 "First Gen" I've been in seach of Coil Over/Load Leveling Shock to help with "Sway Control". I've read good things about the Bilsteins & Rancho 9000, but also wanted to regain a bit of lift back.

Anyone using a great Coil Over/Load Leveling Shock with a Truck Camper?

I saw these in Four Wheeler Magazine today while poaching magazines at the Supermarket... :)
Note: The Coil Over Springs look to be additional cost.

http://www.walkerevansracing.com/sand.rock.shocks

KEENO:)

Geronimo

Observer
KEENO, these coilovers are made to be stand alone shock and springs. I doubt that you could get the valving and spring rate dialed in to make make the shocks work in your application. What you are doing is making a secondary suspension, have seen it tried in Desert racing aplications and is just not effective, to much spring and not enough dampening. I think bags are the best bet, or more spring. Whitney and others used to sell the 4 way adjust coilovers for Motorhomes, I have no info on them.

As for shocks, I always recommend quality dampening, but you need to be realistic about what they will do, they will not increase ride height and they will not increase spring rate.

Hope this helps.

KEENO

Adventurer
Thanks "G"...

You have confirmed my suspicions on Mr. Evans Shocks. My thoughts were taking back to the day when I installed a pair of Monroe Load Leveling (coil shocks) on my 3/4 ton Chevy Van to cart motorcycles around the country. They work well in that application and gave both lift and addition sway control.

Not saying I need a set of Monroes for the Dodge, but liked the concept...

Mr. Evans sure could make a Dodge First Gen fly in his Day! Was thinking maybe he still had the hook up!:sombrero:

Thanks... KEENO:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94