Overland Navigator

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
We've added Overland Navigator regional Map-packs covering the rest of the Western US to our webstore (http://spatialminds.com). Regional Map-packs include 1:250k, 1:100k, and 1:24k USGS Topos for a region.

We now have support for the following regions:
Washington
Oregon
California North
California Central
California South
Nevada
Arizona
Utah
Montana North
Montana South
Wyoming
Colorado
New Mexico
North Dakota
South Dakota
Nebraska
Kansas
Oklahoma
Texas
Mid-Atlantic Region (District of Columbia, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware).

More on their way...

offroad_nomad

Adventurer
Does ON display your current location as Lat/Long only or does the user have the option of choosing UTM coordinates? Thanks.

craig

Does ON display your current location as Lat/Long only or does the user have the option of choosing UTM coordinates? Thanks.

Currently it is lat/lon only. Adding support is a relatively straight-forward feature to add though.

We'll eventually be adding UTM and MGRS support.

Craig

craig

Ian,

Are you looking for UTM/Clarke 1866 so the coordinates will overlay on top of a historic USGS quad using the NAD27 datum or are you lookingfor UTM coordinates based on WGS84?

I added support for UTM/WGS84 tonight and, after testing, will include it in the upcoming patch release.

Craig

Last edited:

craig

Can i persuade you for a timeline?

It wouldn't be fair to you or me to give a timeline right now. If you sign up for our mailing list on the website I'll send out a notification when each region is available for purchase from the webstore.

Regards,
Craig

offroad_nomad

Adventurer
Craig,

Yes. Currently we use NAD27 CONUS with 1:24k topos, however I believe sometime during this summer we're switching to WGS-84 since that's what the Nat'l Park Service and other local LEOs use.

Thanks for looking into this and for also having Mid-Atlantic region topo maps, I'll be adding ON to my netbook soon.

Ian,

Are you looking for UTM/Clarke 1866 so the coordinates will overlay on top of a historic USGS quad using the NAD27 datum or are you lookingfor UTM coordinates based on WGS84?

I added support for UTM/WGS84 tonight and, after testing, will include it in the upcoming patch release.

Craig

craig

You bet Ian. We look forward to having you as a customer.

Regards,
Craig

craig

What's in 2.1 that you are interested in? I might be able to put it into the upcoming patch release.

I can't give you an accurate estimate on the East Coast maps. Before Christmas for sure. It depends on how many problem maps we have to correct in the states that are in the queue before it.

Craig

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Primarily interested in the naming/tagging capabilities as described earlier. Don't rush it into a patch or anything silly like that- The software isnt of much use to me until the maps of the New England region are available.

craig

I'll be sure to post up here once New England and 2.1 are ready for release.

Craig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior