The Great White Buffalo

Fergie

Expedition Leader
DSCN3214.jpg

DSCN3215.jpg

DSCN3216.jpg

1991 FJ80, 164,000 miles, $2500, mine as of 12 noon.

Please stay tuned for the build.:smiley_drive:

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Down from $5,000.

Gimme some ice, and I'll find you an Eskimo to buy it :elkgrin:

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
Perfect...I love it!!

How do the birfs look?

I already have 3 birf jobs lined up for a nice weekend. (Wife's 62, Hltoppr's 70, another buddy's 40) 1 more won't kill me. I'll actually be doing much more than a basic birf job on my buddy's 40 (rear disc brake conversion and a few other items) So I may do that one over the next week because I'll be home until 4 since I'll be covering production for the night shift.

If you don't know the maintenance status, we should baseline it out, too. There goes that 2500 dollar savings....J/K, I think the birf parts are ~225 for all Toyota parts, 140ish for aftermarket. I would recommend the Marlin axle seals, around 12 bucks each, all the fluids, brake parts, little leaks and extras can all add up, but it won't be near 2500. I also know of a couple white FJ80s that are being parted locally if you need any non wear type parts.

You know the digits.

Dave

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
wow, what a steal!

The Great White Buffalo. that name is perrrrfect.

Congrats. You need a white buffalo emoticon :elkgrin:

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Oh, I'll need help alright!

First things first:
1. Buy FSM
2. Buy heater core and replace
3. Service birfs
4. Baseline everything else
5. Steam clean interior
6. Clean engine bay

Mods will be minimal until I know the vehicle and know how it is offroad and on too.

Cabe Toyota is near my work, and they give a Mud discount, I've also read on Mud that CDan is the person to go to for parts, is this correct?

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Yes Cdan is the person to go to. Just enter his number into your speed dial now. American Toyota 800-432-6668 ext 8.

Nice buy.

Sloan

Explorer
Cruiser Dan is the man, but if you need something quick Marv at Spectre is always a fun visit. I thought the Japanese Ted Nugent tribute band covering Great White Buffalo was fitting.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
7. Valve adjustment
8. AC recharge

That should do it.

Time to hit the sack and dream of future happenings with the GWB!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke