Ebay FG

Tree

Adventurer
LOL did you ask for the pics of the undercarriage?

The first thing I thought of when I saw the truck is how is to attached to the frame.... wow this stuff gets to your head! :costumed-smiley-007

dhackney

Expedition Leader
We paid around $31k for our bare 2007 cab/chassis. I have no idea what the value of the service body is.

Sure looks clean for a work truck.

I just glanced at the photos, but nothing jumped out at me in terms of missing or damaged components.

One thing to note is that they did not taper the ends of the wood spacer between the service body and the frame. They ended the wood spacer right at the point where the step-up begins. That will have created a sress riser at that point. Be sure to check this area carefully for cracks in the frame.

Neat to see a stock one. It's been a long time since I've looked at one that wasn't laced with marine cable! :)

haven

Expedition Leader
I asked, and the vehicle for sale does not require ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel. Mexico, here we come!

dhackney

Expedition Leader
I asked, and the vehicle for sale does not require ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel. Mexico, here we come!

Chip,

The ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel (ULSD) requirement is part of the 2007 EPA regulations. AFAIK, the requirement was implemented with model year US/Canada market 2008 model year trucks. I'm not aware of any 2007 model year trucks that require ULSD.

Our 2007 model year FG has been running fine on the fuel down here in South America, and diesel fuel here ranges from 500 to 10,000 ppm sulfur, vs the 15ppm required in ULSD.

There are details on these topics and on Mexico spec fuel here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25516

Doug

haven

Expedition Leader
The eBay auction ended with zero bids.

The eBay ad listed this phone number for more information. 828-989-6631
Truck is located in Asheville, NC.

I didn't notice the first time I looked at the ad that this is a short wheelbase (112") FG.

Chip Haven

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles