Scepter gas can in a Blitz holder?

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
I have a little room under my RTT that would let me store two scepter jerry cans on their side. The only solid solution I can find is the BLITZ red holders. They have mounting holes on the side. The Scepter seems to fit in it OK, I can bolt to my roof rack and use hookless tie downs to secure the can into the carrier.

My concern is that the Scepter does not fit perfectly and I fear that it might wiggle enough to wear into the plastic Scepter.

Anyone done this? Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions? etc etc

Attachments

• can_gas_5gal_plastic_od.jpg.jpeg
    can_gas_5gal_plastic_od.jpg.jpeg
    20.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 41J6GXRNQJL._SL500_AA280_.jpg.jpeg
    41J6GXRNQJL._SL500_AA280_.jpg.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 201

angusdevil

Adventurer
The scepter cans will store just fine. Try to use carriage bolts when available. If you are still concerned about the cans wearing out, put on a layer of neoprene or rubber as a buffer. Cheap carmats at walmart work great for this :D

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
Why bother with the holders at all, why not just use bungy cords to hold them to your roof rack? Then there would no wear and tear other than where they contact the rack and if you put the bungees just right, that would also be eliminated.

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
Scepter cans also fit in the Front Runner gas can carrier. They are $100.00 for the dual at Equipt.

They are also lockable.

3110_1086916865620_1607375270_30212742_3977947_n.jpg

-Ben

Layonnn

Adventurer
Scepter cans also fit in the Front Runner gas can carrier. They are $100.00 for the dual at Equipt.

They are also lockable.

3110_1086916865620_1607375270_30212742_3977947_n.jpg

-Ben

How easily is that bar that holds then down removable for when not in use?? If that bar can't be lowered i coulnd't get in my garage.

Disco0311

Observer
jerry can holder

The Front Runner gas can carrier, it looks really good and solid. But they are out of stock until june at Equipt.
Any other alternatives for a dual holder.
thanks

angusdevil

Adventurer
The Front Runner gas can carrier, it looks really good and solid. But they are out of stock until june at Equipt.
Any other alternatives for a dual holder.
thanks

Just bolt two blitz carriers together and use a strap to go around the bodies of the cans and another strap to go through the handles. A rubber isolator between the cans would also help so that they don't rub. Shock bushings work really well for this :D

Disco0311

Observer
Thanks for the idea.

Just bolt two blitz carriers together and use a strap to go around the bodies of the cans and another strap to go through the handles. A rubber isolator between the cans would also help so that they don't rub. Shock bushings work really well for this :D

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
How easily is that bar that holds then down removable for when not in use?? If that bar can't be lowered i coulnd't get in my garage.

The bar comes off in several seconds without tools. They are held up by the gas cans and can't be supported without them.

-Ben

Ranger4x4dr

Observer
option

Build a custom swingout bumper and mount 2 gas cans a Hi-Lift and spare tire and free up the bed and you won't have to crawl on the ground to remove your spare either.

You can also incorporate D-ring attach points that go thru the bumper tube and attach to the frame and a 2" receiver while improving ground clearance and departure angles.

Check the post #3 in this section for a picture in "Gerry Can mounts for tire carrier".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke