New ARB Fridge Slide Locks?

lwg

So I've got a new ARB fridge and it won't work with the old ARB/Engel Slide Lock like I had initially hoped. Anybody have any idea if there will be some sort of updated slide lock available anytime soon?

lwg

Good find, I guess I just use a strap through the handles for a few months until they get it figured out.

lwg

Well,
I like the internal light, extra space and the easily removable lid. The removable lid is handy because now I can throw the fridge into the trunk of our Jetta and use it, before you could maybe sneak a hand in there before the lid hit the top of the trunk.

Also the newer ARB has a battery monitor utility that will shut down the fridge at a preset values, saving your battery. Also love the fact that I can now see what the temp is in *F instead of mentally converting to Celcius, and guessing wrong...

Still warming up to the plastic exterior though. And the feet don't fit the old ARB/Engel gear, so I'll have to get another slide lock, but you already knew that.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Related thread:
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25695

The transit locks should be available ASAP with the slide locks in the coming months.
Are you using the Transit Lock and Slide Lock terms interchangeably?

Also when you say coming months, has ARB been any more specific? In Q2? Q3? If in the next 2 months I might wait but if longer, then I'll have to consider fabbing up my own solution. TIA.:coffeedrink:

Crikeymike

Adventurer
I saw one of these new fridges at the EJS last week. It looks like the handles on both ends of the fridge are more solid than before, so the tie downs should work great from there.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Are you using the Transit Lock and Slide Lock terms interchangeably?

Also when you say coming months, has ARB been any more specific? In Q2? Q3? If in the next 2 months I might wait but if longer, then I'll have to consider fabbing up my own solution. TIA.:coffeedrink:

Sorry, I've worded that confusing. The previous Engel/ARB units had two basic mounting options available, a transit lock and a slide lock. The new ARB unit I'm told will have similar options, though rather than an actual transit lock it will be a tie-down kit and then an actual slide lock similar I believe to the previous model. I can't speak for certain as they are not here in the states as of yet. I'm told 4-6 weeks at the soonest on both of those, with the hold down kit being the first. Retail will be ~$30 on the tie down kit and ~$250 on the slide. Wish I had more news but we'll just have to wait until they arrive :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier