Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Caravan PHX to Expedition Portal Rally

Wil, why don't we phoenician's meet up around Carefree Highway and I-17 sometime in the afternoon. There is a Cheveron there where we can all gas up if need be and get any last minute provisions. I am going to work until around noon, and then go home and change and get my son from school and head on up, probably around 1:30 or so. And I know where the camp site is for those still wondering. I am going up this weekend to double check and try to scout the best site for my tent . It only takes me about 20 mins to get there from my house.
    Aaron
    ExPo member #51

Read my Column here.

Check out our blog.

Sierra Expeditions

01 Montero: A few goodies here and there.

flyingwil is offline Overland Training Alumni Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
    Quote Originally Posted by datrupr
    Wil, why don't we phoenician's meet up around Carefree Highway and I-17 sometime in the afternoon. There is a Cheveron there where we can all gas up if need be and get any last minute provisions. I am going to work until around noon, and then go home and change and get my son from school and head on up, probably around 1:30 or so. And I know where the camp site is for those still wondering. I am going up this weekend to double check and try to scout the best site for my tent . It only takes me about 20 mins to get there from my house.

I still think that the 2 stations near the outlet mall are closer to camp, and closer is our best option IMO. When you go there this week-end, take a look at the stations and let us know.

Also If anyone is leaving the East Valley or Central Phoenix, we can set up a meeting spot around there too.

Wil
    Wil Kuhns KF7CDH
    Sierra Expeditions *Forum Sponsor* 866.507.4254
    The only regrets in life are the risks you didn't take.
    Mod Progress Gauge:[||||||----] = 60% Complete.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingwil
    I still think that the 2 stations near the outlet mall are closer to camp, and closer is our best option IMO. When you go there this week-end, take a look at the stations and let us know.

Also If anyone is leaving the East Valley or Central Phoenix, we can set up a meeting spot around there too.

Wil
    These are the gas stations at Anthem? That should be fine. It is really close to the trail.

Sounds good to me, Anthem will work too.
    Aaron
    ExPo member #51

Read my Column here.

Check out our blog.

Sierra Expeditions

flyingwil is offline Overland Training Alumni Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
    I just think to top off the fluids as close to the trail head as possible is best.

But seriously take a look and see if there is a difference in price when you go to scope out the camp! Maybe cheaper might be better in this case!
    Wil Kuhns KF7CDH

I will let everyone know when I go to scope it out. I don't think there is going to be much of a price difference between the two places though.
    Aaron
    ExPo member #51

Read my Column here.

Check out our blog.

Sierra Expeditions

A while back a go when i used to commute from Phoenix to Precott daily there used to be an average of 4 cent difference. I know it isn't much but every penny helps! Thanks for scoping it out for us!
    Wil Kuhns KF7CDH

Datrupr
    When are you going?

Brian, I am not sure yet, but I think I am going to run up there either on Sat. or Sun. I am not sure of what time yet, but it will probably be in the early afternoon, say around 1:00 or so. I will keep you posted if you want to tag along.
    Aaron
    ExPo member #51

Read my Column here.

Check out our blog.

Sierra Expeditions

Thanks, That would be great.
    I'm at the corner of Tatum and Greenway and can be on 17 heading north pretty quickly. Sunday afternoon is out for me, but let me know if you go on Saturday.

Brian

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast