Caravan PHX to Expedition Portal Rally

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I will let everyone know when I go to scope it out. I don't think there is going to be much of a price difference between the two places though.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
A while back a go when i used to commute from Phoenix to Precott daily there used to be an average of 4 cent difference. I know it isn't much but every penny helps! Thanks for scoping it out for us!

Attachments

• IMG_0293 (1).jpg
    IMG_0293 (1).jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0337 (1).JPG
    IMG_0337 (1).JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0338 (1).JPG
    IMG_0338 (1).JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 0

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Brian, I am not sure yet, but I think I am going to run up there either on Sat. or Sun. I am not sure of what time yet, but it will probably be in the early afternoon, say around 1:00 or so. I will keep you posted if you want to tag along.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, That would be great.
I'm at the corner of Tatum and Greenway and can be on 17 heading north pretty quickly. Sunday afternoon is out for me, but let me know if you go on Saturday.

Brian

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Brian, will do. I plan on changing the Intake Manifold Gasket on Saturday, but I might be able to put it off until Sunday. I will let you know.

flyingwil

Jasonazx said:
I would like to meet up and caravan to camp on friday as well. Flyingwil you have email!
Jason

Jason-

There are two gas stations on the west side of I-17 on Anthem Way. On the South side there is a Mobil, and on the north side a Chevron (At the entrence to the mall). If you would like to set up a meeting spot on the East side of Phoenix, I am sure I could meet you there and lead the way on up the next meeting point. I think a good spot might be where I-10 meets the US60, on Guadalupe Road. We could meet at the Fry's Electronic's parking lot on the southwest side of the US-60 and Guadalupe Rd. I was planning on passing through there around 12:30, to make to the Anthem way meeting point at 13:30-14:00. I think there are a few more coming from TUS... so maybe we can all meet up there?

Wil

Jasonazx

Adventurer
Thanks for the reply Will. The meeting spot of I-10 and US60 sounds good. Is there anyone else traveling up from Tucson?

GeoRoss

Adventurer
I'm headed up, but don't know what time and I have some Phoenix errands to run as well. I am going to try to make it to the camp before 13:00 for some hiking and such with the fam.

Ross

flyingwil

East Phoenix Meeting Spot

Jasonazx said:
Thanks for the reply Will. The meeting spot of I-10 and US60 sounds good. Is there anyone else traveling up from Tucson?

To all those coming from East Phoenix and Tuscon:

We will meet at 12:15 and depart at 12:30 for the next meeting spot in Anthem. I am going to meet Jason in the Fry's Electronics Parking Lot. Fry's Electronics is located at 2300 West Baseline Road in Tempe, AZ. We will meet in their parking lot on the South East corner (closest to Denny's and I-10). Tune in to CB Channel 7. See the map Below:

frys.bmp

Anyone else is welcome to meet up with us at this spot to caravan on up to the next caravan meeting spot in Anthem.

~WIL

HEY Aaron-- IF you could PM me your cell phone # I can keep in touch with you as we are approaching the Deer Valley area.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
An update for those still considering coming into camp "the back way". I spoke to my friend who has a house out by Castle Hot Springs area, and he said he thinks the lake level is probably too high to get through the route via Two Shoe Ranch Rd. to Cow Creek Rd. However, he said if you want to test it out, it is not a huge amount of backtracking to Castle Creek Rd. if the road is impassable due to high water.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

BajaTaco said:
An update for those still considering coming into camp "the back way". I spoke to my friend who has a house out by Castle Hot Springs area, and he said he thinks the lake level is probably too high to get through the route via Two Shoe Ranch Rd. to Cow Creek Rd. However, he said if you want to test it out, it is not a huge amount of backtracking to Castle Creek Rd. if the road is impassable due to high water.

Thanks for the heads up Baja!

One would think there would be more than one route. But I have no idea......never been back there. I did read on some 4x4 sites that there are some very bad washouts near Crown King (showed a pic of an upside down old black Blazer in a creek, maybe you have seen that pic)......but I think thats further north and not where we would be.

High Water?.......Hey....that's what "Got Water Crossing?" is for! :shakin:

Look what I found HERE!
A story with Scott in it!

AH!......I found the Blazer.....but it's way closer to Crown King I believe.
HEY!......anybody need some spare Chevy parts>?!! :elkgrin:

WEBSITE

tn_IM000825.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles