Sportsman's Warehouse

If you buy anything from Sportsman's Warehouse, make sure it works before you fork over the money. A bargain isn't a bargain if it doesn't work and you can't return it or find any manufacturer's warranty information.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
I had a zipper go on a sleeping bag I bought there, less than a year old and I had the receipt and they told me to call the manufacturer. I thought that sucked and I've not been back to SW since. This was the location in north Phoenix.

I bought a 12 volt Xenon flashlight from one of the closing stores. I got home with it, opened the package, put the batteries in and tried it. It doesn't work. Okay, I thought there has to be a simple explaination. I test the tail switch. It works fine. I test the four batteries. They all test at exactly 3 volts. I test for continuity in the Xenon lamp. The lamp is defective. I call the store and tell them and I'm told there are no returns for any reason. I have to get satisfaction through the manufacturer's warranty. Except that it is a Sportsman's Warehouse branded item and has no warranty. After a quick search of the web, I can't find any replacement lamps. It was an impulse purchase, on sale, from a closing store. Now I remember why I buy Surefire lights and don't feel bad about how much they cost.

t0mills

Adventurer
Good info.

I just bought a couple of lights and a portable Weber gas grill, and a chicken roasting stand from my local closing store. Didn't pay more than $50 for all of it, and it works fine.

I'm thinking about picking up the last remaining Zodi Shower Setup. It's 60% off right now.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Thats a bummer to hear. The original Sportsmans and their warehouse is just 10 minutes from my house, while its not the size of Cabelas they still have everything I've needed. Hope they can get through this financial crisis and get back to being a great outlet. The thing I like about them is they are pro-motorized, while there are other recreation equipment outlets nearby, they don't support motorized recreation, I'm ok with that. But when they support the closure of motorized opportunities through financial contributions, the buck stops. Fingers crossed Sportsmans Wharehouse can pull through and pull their heads out. I've had very few warranty issues with products there but those I did were handled with a quick trip to the store for a swap.

That's a very typical policy for a store that is closing. Did you try taking it to a store that is not closing?

It's also common practice to refer a customer to a mfg after a certain timeframe, IE: 30, 60, 90 days or 1 year.

I think consumers are just getting used to the newer practice of some stores (Wal-Mart, Costco, etc..) of returning things for any reason, at any time, as long as you have a reciept. I like stores with that policy, but I'm also very aware of return policies at other stores when I make purchases.

FWIW- I've never had a problem returning items to Sportsmans Warehouse.

That's a very typical policy for a store that is closing. Did you try taking it to a store that is not closing?

It's also common practice to refer a customer to a mfg after a certain timeframe, IE: 30, 60, 90 days or 1 year.

I think consumers are just getting used to the newer practice of some stores (Wal-Mart, Costco, etc..) of returning things for any reason, at any time, as long as you have a reciept. I like stores with that policy, but I'm also very aware of return policies at other stores when I make purchases.

FWIW- I've never had a problem returning items to Sportsmans Warehouse.

There is one store here and it is closing out. They are the manufacturer for a house branded item. A product ought to work when you buy it. Thirty minutes is hardy 30, 60 or 90 days.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
That is exactly why I refuse to shop at REI and prefer Sportsman's Warehouse or Cabela’s, all three of which I have here.

Before their current economic woes I have also heard of difficulty trying to special order anything from Sportsman’s where Cabela’s is better in this area.

Thats a bummer to hear. The original Sportsmans and their warehouse is just 10 minutes from my house, while its not the size of Cabelas they still have everything I've needed. Hope they can get through this financial crisis and get back to being a great outlet. The thing I like about them is they are pro-motorized, while there are other recreation equipment outlets nearby, they don't support motorized recreation, I'm ok with that. But when they support the closure of motorized opportunities through financial contributions, the buck stops. Fingers crossed Sportsmans Wharehouse can pull through and pull their heads out. I've had very few warranty issues with products there but those I did were handled with a quick trip to the store for a swap.

.....The original Sportsmans and their warehouse is just 10 minutes from my house....... The thing I like about them is they are pro-motorized, while there are other recreation equipment outlets nearby, they don't support motorized recreation, I'm ok with that. But when they support the closure of motorized opportunities through financial contributions, the buck stops........

I did not know that. I will keep that in mind when considering future purchases. Thanks for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz