Camping Lab RTT Question and idea.

EricGagne

Adventurer
Today I finally got to get inside my RTT which I bought a few months ago. I noticed inside that there is a strap on the poles on both sides. I couldn't figure out what I'm supposed to do with it. I'm talking about the strap that we see on the mattress, not the too small ones hanging against the wall.

We can see it on this picture from their web site.

carpa08G.jpg

Even before I bought the tent I didn't really like the idea of the cover hanging on the side because I have the tent installed on a trailer so it's touching the ground.

Today I noticed that when you take if off, the side where the cover hangs is also where the straps are the shortest but they're long enough to go around the cover if I roll it. I only need to find something I could add to the base of tent to tie the straps to.

pray4surf

Explorer
Today I finally got to get inside my RTT which I bought a few months ago. I noticed inside that there is a strap on the poles on both sides. I couldn't figure out what I'm supposed to do with it. I'm talking about the strap that we see on the mattress, not the too small ones hanging against the wall.

We can see it on this picture from their web site.

carpa08G.jpg

Even before I bought the tent I didn't really like the idea of the cover hanging on the side because I have the tent installed on a trailer so it's touching the ground.

Today I noticed that when you take if off, the side where the cover hangs is also where the straps are the shortest but they're long enough to go around the cover if I roll it. I only need to find something I could add to the base of tent to tie the straps to.

I think this question was just asked/answered :ylsmoke:

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24460&page=4

Scroll down to post #36

Now, if I can avoid asking the same question when my RTT arrives... :coffeedrink:

I'm sure some current RTT owners have solutions to the cover storage...

EricGagne

Adventurer
Thanks pray4surf, I searched the forum but didn't see that one.

And I would never have thought that's what they're for.

compactcamping

Explorer
I've post this some where before ... Here are the extra straps I added for holding up my travel cover. They attach to the "fold over" side of the anti-ballooning straps for the cover.

3392000947_d420efd9db_m.jpg
3392000929_9a3d176c0c_m.jpg
3392000965_12afcb9e43_m.jpg

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
I think this question was just asked/answered :ylsmoke:

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24460&page=4

Scroll down to post #36

Now, if I can avoid asking the same question when my RTT arrives... :coffeedrink:

I'm sure some current RTT owners have solutions to the cover storage...

Other forums insist that you "SEARCH" but I have never seen ExPo turn away a legitimate query or send someone packing for asking a question. Keeps the search engine full of info and makes future searches easier.
:ylsmoke:

FWIT - without taking the time to look at the link above - I use the straps as a pull to get in and out of the tent with.

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
Hmph... You learn something new every day!

The last camping trip that my wife and I went on the week before I left for Afghanistan - every morning when we were restowing the tent we tried to figure out what those straps were for!

...Grab handles never occurred to me!

I'm glad this question was re-asked. I never read through that other thread.

EricGagne

Adventurer
I wonder how strong they really are though. There's not doubt that the straps can hold a lot of weight but what about the pole and the hinge, would they resist if someone slips on the ladder and uses them to pull his/her whole weight ?

We generally roll our cover up backwards and tuck it in under the rack...holds perfectly!

Unfortunately having the tent installed on a trailer I don't have any room under. I like the solution posted by compactcamping though, will look into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94