Ovexpo: Who's kitchen kit?

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
I saw a really cool dinnerware kit over by Luis's (lostworldexpedition) 60. I can't remember who makes it or who carries it. I also didn't take a picture of it.

Can anyone help out with pics or information?

Thanks,
Dave

campinglab

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
That kit is something we are working on.

The one at Ovexpo was a sample we brought from South Africa. Will be changing a few things before we offer it for sale though.

Cheers,
Fernando

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
The dishes were something like Swaziland Melamine Industries. The box, I think was a Wolffpakk or Wolfpack ammo box and it was all in a foam cut out. Really cool. Please post up pics. It all came out of South Africa, if I recall correctly.

Dave

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
The box looked like this:
FRDRDEF01.jpg

Dave

campinglab

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
any updates on the kit?

unfortunately not much has happened with the kit yet. The quality of the dinnerware is quite poor to justify paying the very expensive price of shipping from South Africa so we are looking into other options.

cheers,
Fernando

The box looked like this:
FRDRDEF01.jpg

Dave

South African ammo boxes dubbed "wolf boxes". Standard for African-based overlanders.

I've seen plenty of inserts for them. Everything from a 4-person dinnerware set to camera cutout foam.

However, the cost is unbelievable for shipping to the US, so they are rare and sell quickly when someone does get a bulk quantity in country. Also, numerous complaints about the poor craftsmanship of the clasps, and breakage in moderate to heavy use.

There are quite a few US-based options that will cost less and offer more, but don't have the "classic overlander" feel to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz