Coleman Stove Problems

mrlocksmith

Adventurer
I have a Coleman Dual Fuel 2 burner stove (White Gas/Unleaded Gas) Stove that is fairly new. I have a few problems with it and have only used it 3 times so far.

1) It does not burn as hot as the white gas only model
2) It works great a sea level but at 2500 ft + it will only burn with a yellow flame and does not goto the normal blue-green cooking flame.

Any ideas ??

Thanks

Mark

lcsodiver

Adventurer
check the air intake (should be a little orifice under the burner) that is where it "draws" air to mix with the gas. it sounds like it may be plugged and not able to get the fuel/air ratio right...... take a small piece of stranded wire, strip and "flair" out the end, run this through the ports on the stove, hopefully that will help. I had a similar thing happen to my stove, it usually happens when a spider decides to make a home in the stove.

Good luck!

firemansxterra

Adventurer
yea i had kind of the same problem on my 30+ something year old coleman dual fuel stove when i got it back out and started using it again...it was the stove my old man used when we went camping and i found it and decided to start using it again...i got some good brake cleaner and sprayed the entire thing to get all the crud out...wiped it down good, fired it out and started playing around with the air throttle, or whatever you call it on the right hand side of the fuel tank...once i was able to get the stove fired up and ran it for a while...the flame settled down to a nice bright blue color and really kicked out a looooooot of heat....just make sure you have some extra air pumped in after you get it going...hope it helps!

TheOne

I use the same stove, but have not had this issue but you do need to make sure it is pumped as full of air as you can at higher elevations. Also make sure theat all of the orifices are cleared as previously stated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier