Back window screens

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
I am looking for something the same but screens, as I have sliding windows on both sides behind the driver/passenger. Would be great for cooler nights and no bugs as I sleep inside.

Last edited:

toy_tek

Adventurer
I'm not sure where I saw it but there was a guy who made some screens. I think he sewed or hot glued magnets into the edges so they basically just stuck on the outside of the door. I believe it was a 4Runner in Colorado... either read about it here or on Yotatech.

Rigged

Observer
If I'm not mistake didn't XXXpedition have window screens for his Cherokee build? Maybe he could chime in.

Kyle

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I made mine out of shade cloth.

They are basically fitted bags that slide on over the door frame and over the window. They hang slightly lower than the bottom of the window itself.

The dog sleeps in the back of the car so it keeps the interior bug free.

There is a thread about window coverings somewhere.

rickc

Adventurer
Ditto Martin!

I made a pair of "socks" out of screen material that simply fit over the rear doors. An easy way to do this:

- fold the material over the rear door and use a stapler to hold the sides together tight.
- sew along the line of staples then remove staples.
- fold inside out and slip over the door

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
I want to make an insert for the rear slider that is lockable and sturdy enough to leave open while parked in the hot sun all day.

XXXpedition

Explorer
yeah, yeah, i know i'm late to chime in....
but here's my take on it.

I made a pair of "socks" out of screen material that simply fit over the rear doors.
wouldn't they rip off with scratching branches?

Last edited:

rickc

Adventurer
I only used the socks for using the truck as a sleeping place not for off-road driving. No more CO2 headaches.

XXXpedition

Explorer
i've seen socks in australia. you can by them for all sorts of vehicles (mostly cars and only few trucks) at stores similar to walmart, etc...
they are a good idea because easy to handle...
but i have seen them drive around like this and wondered.
but i also wondered why you would need it in a honda civic :)
probably for all the bugs in the air, so they don't smash into your kids face :)))))

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles