Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wests (Desertboater) Tacoma Build

PM Sent

REX
    2001 Toyota Tacoma eXtracab 1994 Six Pac Flip-Pac
    Old Man Emu suspension ARB bumper 33/10.50/15 Mud Terrain BFGs BudBuilt Skid plate
    Marlin Crawler 4.7-1 tacobox 4.88s member #1455
    1980 Honda CM400T
    1982 Honda GL1100 'Naked' Goldwing
    Go Someplace.....Do Something It's only far away if you never leave!

That is one great setup you have. I love that table.

So it's been a little while since I've put anything up, however I was eventually successful in installing my new suspension components. It took some new swaybar linkage on the rhs but other than that things went pretty smoothly all tolled. Having done a bit of looking around at other folks rigs and comparing them to my own, I've come up with a question. For those of y'all who have an ARB front winch bumper, did the shackle tabs (probably not the correct name) come mounted when you bought it, or are those custom additions? Apparently mine didn't come with them as they aren't there and might be a nice addition.
    Also, any ideas as to where I might find a replacement to the rubber piece that wraps around the front and then under the vertical bars kinda as trim...? If you look closely, the right side (driver's perspective) looks torn and has subsequently come off.

This is pre-lift...I need to get out someplace and take some pictures.

Cheers,
    West

I've got some free time this weekend and have been thinking about putting a coat of paint (or two or three) on my bed platform and drawers. What have y'all used in the past to do this? brand, type, color?

Cheers,
    West

Quote Originally Posted by DesertBoater View Post
    So it's been a little while since I've put anything up, however I was eventually successful in installing my new suspension components. It took some new swaybar linkage on the rhs but other than that things went pretty smoothly all tolled. Having done a bit of looking around at other folks rigs and comparing them to my own, I've come up with a question. For those of y'all who have an ARB front winch bumper, did the shackle tabs (probably not the correct name) come mounted when you bought it, or are those custom additions? Apparently mine didn't come with them as they aren't there and might be a nice addition.
    Also, any ideas as to where I might find a replacement to the rubber piece that wraps around the front and then under the vertical bars kinda as trim...? If you look closely, the right side (driver's perspective) looks torn and has subsequently come off.

This is pre-lift...I need to get out someplace and take some pictures.

Cheers,
    West
    As for the rubber bumper pieces, you can probably just source them from ARB.
    For the older Tacos I think ARB had shackle tabs but not for our newer trucks. What I did was notch the plate with the big holes in it to allow me to use my factory recovery point on the drivers side.
    "Adventure is a word that get's over used, to me real adventure doesn't start until it all goes wrong"- Yvon Chouinard

The Great State of Denial (SC if you really want to know)
    The ARB's you see with the shackle mounts are usually off a Hi-lux, yours (and mine too) don't have them. The newer models incorporate driving/fog light also. The ARB on my old Taco (95.5) didn't have them either.
    05 Tacoma TRD, SR5, V6, etc

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help. -Calvin

West, I've unfortunately lived in Mass. my whole life (except a 9 mo. stint in
    CA) and those AZ plates look a lot like my Mass. plates?

Woody Milford, MA
    New England
    I use my 4Runner to camp in the woods so I can ride my bike

Yeah, I'm from just outside of Boston originally, Lincoln, specifically...Studying and playing in AZ for the next couple years still. They're AZ plates in disguise...

On another note anybody have any thoughts as to what might keep my engine from starting? Ran fine on Friday, wouldn't start Saturday, started up just fine this morning (Sunday.) Battery and starter are fine, the engine was turning over, but wouldn't fire up...like it wasn't getting fuel, then when I looked under the hood I heard a faint buzzing sound from somewhere in the engine block...it stopped when the key was removed and wouldn't come back on until I tried starting again. I'm thinking fuel pump. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
    West

Have the starter checked, same thing happened to my wifes Camry. Changed
    the starter and no problem since. but 175k on the original.

Woody
    New England
    I use my 4Runner to camp in the woods so I can ride my bike

Quote Originally Posted by woodeye View Post
    Have the starter checked, same thing happened to my wifes Camry. Changed
    the starter and no problem since. but 175k on the original.

Woody
    So the starter would crank the engine but it wouldn't fire, but installing a new starter solved that? Strange...
    My 09 Tacoma build thread

"Cross the bridge to the country roads; I'll follow that star wherever it goes" Wandering Star -- Lucero

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast