Has anyone heard of Scorpion Bedliner?

adrenaline503

Explorer
Hello again,

I was checking the bedliner companies on Craigslist for some good deals and came across "Scorpion Coatings". Their webiste www.scorpioncoatings.com is more geared towards picking up dealers. I know that the success of coatings relies on the person applying as much as the product, but I was hoping someone had some personal experience.

Thanks.

michaelross

I had one on my old titan and i find it thin. It didn't hold up for long and then it started chipping off.. I should have used some other brand of truck bed liners. But the good thing about it is that it could be color matched. But overall, it was not that satisfying

Short Rear

Hello all I lurk here a lot but don't really post but since my dad is a former scorpion dealer i know that he was reimbursed all his franchise fees due to the fact that they claimed it was UV stable and yet one of our show trucks had PINK bed liner that should have been red when he contacted the company they said they saw no problem with the product. It is a very non skid surface but much softer than Rino and other liners. Hope this helps

JeepN95YJ

Adventurer
I used to be a dealer myself. I've sprayed many jeep tubs, trailer floors, camper roofs, etc. I still have the equipment, in fact, and plan to spray my camping trailer after it is finished. I also need to touch up my personal Jeep as I have had to grind off the coating for a few mods.

The application process is the most important part. The installer NEEDS to lay it down thick by making several passes. I find it doesn't stick well to plastic unless it is thoroughly scratched/gouged. Peels easily from plastic even with the bonding primer. I never had a problem with it peeling from steel/paint when prepped properly.

The advantage for me as a dealer was that the equipment was fairly inexpensive and simple. The applications I used it for were generally custom. I was NOT in the bedliner business but I could keep a vehicle in-house to control delivery time and I didn't need to invest in a $10-20K machine. The disadvantage to me was that the materials needed to PROPERLY coat (ie. of sufficient thickness) a surface was expensive and the install is a labor intensive job without a lot of profit margin.

I still see a red liner in a red Jeep around town that I did nearly 10 years ago and it still looks great. The guy keeps the Scrambler in the garage, though. The very first black one I did was in my best friend's Dakota and it still looked good when he sold it about 2 years ago.

Short Rear

This was almost 15 years ago so they may have changed the product. We really liked the product other than that. I completely agree with the labor involved with prep. I hated hand sanding the whole truck bed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94