Swiss Army Nozzle for NATO/Wedco Fuel Containers?

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
My Mog came with the Swiss nozzle and I think it is the most well thought out piece of kit ever.My question is will it fit a modern vehicle's fuel filler port?
My Mogs fuel filler port is about 3 inches across and truthfully, you don't need to use the nozzle, you can pour a Jerry can straight in without a problem.
I normally use a funnel with a long reach to fill regular vehicles from my Jerry cans because I don't think my Swiss nozzle will fit a modern unleaded filler.

Hi John. Earlier in this thread i asked about a nozzle with the Swiss can, Hedge replied with a quote that mentions the mod that was done for use in an unleaded fuel vehicle. That quote came from this thread, which should answer your question thoroughly. Looks like i'll be doing this as well.

BTW.. thanks Hedge!

http://forum.ih8mud.com/camping-out...can-nozzles-unleaded-filler-restrictions.html

RgrBox

Adventurer
OK.. Normally this site will have them.. http://www.swisslink.com

But I couldn't find them myself.. anyway, I'm an American living in Switzerland, and I can get Jerry Cans and Donkey D.. at a good price.. Like I said in another thread, I got my Swiss Army Issue Used Jerry Cans for 5.-- chf each.. and I paid about 10.-- for the nozzle. I can get them, and can pack them up and post them, but the postage will be expencive from here to the states..

t0mills

Adventurer
Maybe this will help some of you guys.

http://www.pinzgauer.com/surplus.php

This place is just down the road from me, and i've got 2 of those Swiss cans right now, and as soon as they get some more in, i'm buying 4 more.

They also have the Swiss spouts in stock!

EDIT:

Just called and spoke with them, the cans are on their way right now, and will be here before the end of the month.
Cans that are in good condition are:

$50 for 4 of them

Cans that are in Really Good condition are:

$65 for 4 of them

I went ahead and reserved 4 of the really good cans, and if you guys want any, I advise that you call and reserve a set!

Last edited:

Rockcrawler

Adventurer
I have the MIC nozzle, and I have found that it doesn't leak if you are careful to keep pressure on the bottom. Still a total PITA, but better than leaking.

I am tempted to try a thicker gasket to see if that will fix it.

If I remember correctly, mine was leaking at the fusion of the bendable nozzle and the top of the bracket that attaches to the can. I didn't see any possible way to fix it. Guess I'll be ordering on of these other spouts so I can actually utilize my cans again.

Thanks for the help all!

Kyle

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Yes, it was specifically designed for the Blitz style and I have have one. The nato fits with out issue.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
The Swiss NATO cans are in and shipping. I have 8 enroute.

I plan to mount these on a rear swingaway and transfer to tank using a super siphon. Can anyone think of a reason why i would possibly also need a nozzle?

85CUCV

Adventurer
If you have the swiss cans you just need to get the swiss nozzle. :ylsmoke:

I bought 4 of the excellent condition swiss cans and a nozzle. Cans were in excellent shape and the spout was like new. Much better then the cheaper spouts.

wunderwillys

I joined just perhaps answer this question, apparently I have some Swiss cans, but I can't locate the correct spoutImageUploadedByTapatalk1443265550.903218.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior