Van with truck box conversion

Is there any company that makes these conversions anymore? I've looked but can't find any still making them. Centurion Auto Conversions used to make them but I can't find them on the web. Looks like they have been bought and sold a few times. I think that the 4 door trucks and SUV's took away from the market. Curiosity got the best of me here...

32970220001_large.jpg

7f23_3.jpg

c272_3.jpg

elijahritz

bump!

Whoa! I've been browsing through the forum and searching for something interesting and I ended up on this old post which really reminds me of the old days. I have to agree with olympiccop that kind of conversion of van with a truck box is quite a history. I also don't think there is someone who is making that conversion or even one the rides on the road with that. Still, that is one huge fascinating and long truck. :Wow1:

chasespeed

Explorer
My buddy used to have one from Western Hauler....

NOW, you COULD build your own if you were so inclined....

Chase

johnboy

There is a sweet one for sale on seattle craigslist right now. It has the old 6.9 diesel with a turbo. VUCK YEAH!!!!!

chasespeed

Explorer
Can't find thier site, but here's a couple others. Can't see a full size van being much different than a truck, eh?

Well, without measuring anything, I would imagine, an extended van, with the cab cut back, to.... say a crew cab, would be roomier, with an 8ft bed, or, be the same as a crew cab truck, with a longer bed....

I am saying that, based on how much further the driver sits in a van, vice a truck. I could be wrong, but, I remember that, based on my buddies rig... sat 5 comfortably , hauled a 5th wheel, and, I believe it had a 10 bed....

Chase

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz