Jeep ZJ storage plan

frumpy

Explorer
Got all my crap together (from my old wheeling non expedition rig, tow rig, and camping gear) and sorted it out.

before
mypics020.jpg

after (from top left - tools, recovery gear and tie downs, first aid kit, portable co2, compressor and a few air tools/fittings/chucks)
mypics021.jpg

and my plan for the storage compartment/sleep platform I will be building (open to suggestions). I don't plan on using a drawer system just to keep it simple and lighter.

Attachments

• jeep layout.JPG
    jeep layout.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 172

Dale

Adventurer
I see you have some hard cases for gear storage. My wife and I are pretty cramped in my Subie so I have switched all of my gear storage to those soft sided briefcase looking bags given out at conferences, my local Goodwill sells them for 25cents. These little bags hold up well and can fill in those odd storage spaces. Hope this helps.

FishPOET

Adventurer
I put one of those pet barriers behind the rear seat and then built a simple plywood shelf over the rest of the rear space.

RearBumper4.jpg

frumpy

Explorer
Looks nice, you got any more pics? Do you use it as a sleeping platform as well or just storage?

frumpy

Explorer
Looks good, but what did you use for anchor points. I can only see one bolt on the right hand side in the first pic.

x2 on the bumper, looks nice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles