Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple/inexpensive bed platform pics...

Costco has a tri-fold mattress measuring 75x30x3 that are very comfortable. They are covered in a micro suede that is very soft and great to sleep on. These provide an amazingly comfortable supportive sleeping platform, that even a 200lb+ person would not fell the ground underneath laying on your side. I plan to use these for my ambulance beds. I think they were $30 each last time I saw them.

Quote Originally Posted by gchinsr View Post
    Costco has a tri-fold mattress measuring 75x30x3 that are very comfortable. They are covered in a micro suede that is very soft and great to sleep on. These provide an amazingly comfortable supportive sleeping platform, that even a 200lb+ person would not fell the ground underneath laying on your side. I plan to use these for my ambulance beds. I think they were $30 each last time I saw them.
    HEY! Thats exactly what i want for my own camper project! I suppose you dont have pics right? I am not sure if the costco near me has them. So i will check later.

Heremy
    Here is one of the beds,with a camo fabric, and the new covers came out shortly after picking these up. The new ones have the micro suede covers, and will pick them up the next trip there. I am just amazed that with all my weight(200lbs) on my side, you don't feel the ground below you, and are extremely comfortable. They do not make any noise like air beds when changing positions. My ambulance will be a sleep in, and these will fit perfectly across the width of the back.
    Greg

Jeremy
    Lets try this again. Spell check, good. Download pic, good. Major DUH moment there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Veeeeeeeeeesta, CA, USA, NA, Northern Hemisphere, Third Rock, Left Arm
    Hmm..interesting and different from the mats I just bought at Costco. 77"x36"x3", trifold also. Sounds like the same outside covering, and these come in a carrying bag/case. I'm going to cut 6" off the sides to fit on my beds, and sew up the slack in the covers, maybe leaving a portion as hanging pockets. I'm just finishing building the bed frames, designed them so they fold up and the bed mattress is stored behind them, leaving the entire truck bed still available for carrying things. This is all in a custom Callen camper..

Just took a look at them, they're called "Hide-A-Mat". Think I paid about fifty bucks each.
    Last edited by Czechsix; 07-13-2011 at 02:26 AM.
    2012 Fuso FGB87 w/ATW suspension, 19.5" wheels, and Toyo tires.

The ones pictured above were the first ones I had bought. The newer set resides at an ex girl friends house where they will stay. These are so handy to keep around when guests stay over, and all that have used them including myself, think they are great to sleep on. These have held up well for many years, and still give a goods night sleep, so very durable, and reasonably priced compared to a "RV" branded mattress.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12