Baked bean pot

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Any ideas on where I can get a pot to make baked beans? I've looked in a lot of stores in Mass and haven't found anything.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Never thought of looking for a cast iron bean pot. My mother had one I believe it was ceramic, not sure. Thank you.:smiley_drive:

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i bet your mothers was enameled cast iron. you dont need cast iron,, you can use a heavy steel pot just fine but i really do prefer cast when you want slow even heating.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Thank you, Can't tell you how many stores I've been in and asked and they had no idea what I was talking about.

DontPanic42

Adventurer
I can't believe you can't find a ceramic bean pot in Massachusetts. I was brought up in Essex County and still have my Mother's bean pot. My how times have changed. Try Freeport Trading Post. I have an enameled cast iron pot that I use outside but still like my ceramic pots for baked beans or Indian Pudding. If you use an uncoated cast iron pot make sure it is well seasoned or the beans will turn black.
try one of these:

www.foodservicedirect.com
www.potshopofboston.com
www.bestofnewengland.com

Good hunting

Last edited:

RHINO

Expedition Leader
icefisher, you using this at home?? the reason i ask is cause a ceramic or enameled cast pot would be better than a non coated cast pot,,, if only because you can throw them in your dishwasher, you never want to wash cast iron with soap and water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne