Another Camp Shower Idea

WickedZJ

Adventurer
I was reading through all the camp shower threads and was thinking about what I think is an intresting idea so decided I would post it up and see what you guys think.

I was thinking of using a 20 gal. poly fuel cell or gas tank. Like used with boats. Then connecting a pump that would feed one of these http://www.amazon.com/ECCOTEMP-SYSTEMS-L5-Portable-Tankless/dp/B000UVLW4C/ref=pd_sbs_sg_5. This would allow for hot water for a shower and sink. I was also thinking about running a second pump that could be used to refill the tank off of lake or stream (there would also be a filler neck to fill the tank). You could then run a hose and turn the system on. You could use a float switch in the tank that could turn off the pump when the tank is full so you wouldn't have to worry about over filling.

I am planning on making an expo trailer in the future and thought this could work. Please let me know what you think.

I had thought about using a tankless water heater as well. I couldn't figure out any place that I wanted to permanently mount it and I didn't want to have to mess with storing it and then setting it up every time I wanted to use it. I also wasn't sure if these could be used with a water pump or had to be hooked up to a pressurized system.

randman made it work for his camper. click on link in first post

I ended up going with a slightly different approach. see post #37

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles