Dutch Oven on sale at Amazon.com

matt s

Explorer
So many bad jokes, must hold tongue........ Can't stand it must make pun....

Well let's just say that if I told my wife I just got her a dutch oven for a great price and free delivery.........well she would ********** me with one hand while pinching her nose off with the other!

For those not in the "know", amongst those of us plagued with bad potty humor, a dutch oven is gas released under the covers.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
thats not really a backyard dutch oven, you can definately use it outdoors but its gonna be hard to do much baking in it with that lid. for outdoor use you really want a "camp" dutch oven

Yeah with the lid that has a lip on it that will hold the charcoal better... I'll give this a whirl and if nothing else I'll order a better lid for it. It will work for me for now.

My wife would certainly not like the "dutch oven" you guys are thinking about! :snorkel:

If nothing else I'll keep it for a deep fryer at home and grab one of the camp ovens for camping... :) Best of both worlds then! :elkgrin:

bj70_guy

Adventurer
For sure, keep that one and just buy a proper 3 legged camp oven. You'll want to be able to put charcoal underneath as well as on the lid.
I use one like that at home every day too. Actually, I use 3 of them in different sizes - skillets too. I love the Lodge cast iron!

IggyB

Adventurer
Great minds think alike.

I bought a 5qt Dutch oven at Bass pro Shops. $33 bucks, Canadian on sale :wings:

muskyman

Explorer
lodge-camp-dutch-oven-deep.jpg

this is what you really want...

you can use it much easier and the lid will flip over and pull griddle duty as well for camp pan cakes fried eggs or what ever you like.

the lid is key to the process as the charcoal needs to be slightly sheilded from the wind or it burns up to fast.

if you want a camp dutch oven this is really what you are looking for.

off.track

Adventurer
iirc it was frikadellen, taters of some kind and corn bread. i can't find my final menu from that weekend..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles