Defender Receiver Hitch

ShearPin

Adventurer
Has anyone come across a Pangolin style receiver hitch for the Defender available for sale? I've contacted Pangolin in the past and was told they don't make these for the Defender crossmember. I love the design - looks stout with integral chain/D-shackle mount. I have a tank guard that uses the bolt holes on the bottom of the crossmember which makes many of the designs available unsuitable....

http://www.pangolin4x4.com/pangolin4x4/products/hitches/hitches.html

Henry
www.4x4freedom.com

Dmarchand

Adventurer
Try rover accessories if they are still around. They have something similar. RN may carry the SG version still.

JackW

Explorer
I built my own similiar to the one Rovers North sells...

I used an 8" piece of 6" x 2" channel, a 14" piece of 1-1/2 x 1-1/2" x 1/8" angle and a receiver tube I bought from Northern for around $12.

I used my Bosch jigsaw to notch the channel and angle iron for the receiver tube, tacked it together and had a friend of mine do the finish welding.

Total cost was around $20 in materials and a couple of hours of work.

Attachments

• hitch.jpg
    hitch.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 46

ShearPin

Adventurer
Thanks for the replies.... The problem I've encountered with the commercially available receiver hitches, like the Rovers North model, is my rear fuel tank guard mounts using the existing bolt holes on the bottom of the cross member. Most of the suggested also use these or will not clear it to mount.

I'll try again contacting Pangolin.... I've heard rumors they have made custom ones for the Defender....

Henry
www.4x4freedom.com

Attachments

• IMG_0160.JPG
    IMG_0160.JPG
    395.1 KB · Views: 29

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles