Water Pressure Switch

eugene

Explorer
I bought a small RV water pump but didn't realize its not automatic. Does anyone know if I can buy a small inline pressure switch so I can make it automatic where it shuts off when the lines are pressurized? I haven't had much luck searching for them.

rambrush

Adventurer
Well my local true value hardware has pressure switches on the shelf. Grainger has a great selection also.

eugene

Explorer
Do you have any brand names? True value hardware stores seem to be independently run, I've never found the same products in two of them.

eugene

Explorer
Those look like it, though for the cost of some I may as well buy the $60 rv pump even if the flow rate is higher than I need.
I'm thiking of redesigning the water system wayway, I was wondering if any of the rv pumps could pump from a shallow well.

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Rather than use a switch use a circulating circuit

ie tank pump pressure circuit restriction tank

pressure circuit has a T and you tap / shower

Switch the pump on you have a pressurised circuit

use as required- you won't destroy the pump as its still flowing- turn off when finished.

a restriction is simple a small hole

eugene

Explorer
This isn't just for a shower though, fixing up an old camper so I want the pump to be able to run on demand when were doing dishes and such.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
p/n 3460K21
$21.78 each

I've no idea what the pump cost, but I'd rather have an off the shelf switch than one built into the pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94