Anyone using a Waeco CF-25 here?

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I'm thinking of adding a Waeco CF-25 to be used mainly as a freezer unit (to augment my CF-50 on 1-week+ trips). I haven't seen one in person but curious if there is a way to anchor this model to the floor with some creative bracketry? Anyone have one and has come up with a mount system?

I don't care for their optional anchor plate accessory...and this model doesn't feature the robust handles of my CF-50.

http://www.waeco.com.au/products.asp?id=21&catId=6&subCatId=10&subCatId2=12#

Thanks,
Dan

TCM

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0006
I have the CF-25 and the mounting options are definitely the weak point of this fridge, and as you mention the Waeco mount is not terribly appealing. My plan is to have lashing rings sewn onto the optional cover. The cover is burly enough that I believe it will hold up to this just fine. It actually comes with rings on the sides, I just plan to relocate them.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I was thinking about epoxying (JB Weld) smallish tie downs to the side. But if you think the cover would actually hold it down that would be another option.

Thank you,
Dan

TCM

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0006
I have also considered disassembling the fridge so that I could mount tie down loops to the side of the casing using nuts and bolts. Really short screws might also do the job, but you run the risk of damaging the internals because you cannot see what is behind the holes you are drilling.

xpdishn

Adventurer
I have the CF-40 and am using these as hold downs:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/tv-grips-/2460

Not the best picture but they are a set of easy release plastic clamps with a webbing to connect the two. The clamps are stick on, but just last night I permanently attached the clamps to my Waeco with contact cement. The other has stayed attached to my plywood base with no problems. Each clamp has two holes so they may be attached with screws also.

To release, just flip the lock and your fridge is free to be moved.

What I have found is that the hold downs do well for vertical movement but not lateral movement. I have mine attached to my custom pull out, so when I pulled the unit moved. I just screwed 3/4" cleats on each side and it works like a charm.

I think I paid around $10 for all. RV stores are a great source for all sorts of good things.

Gary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles