Generators

rmarz

Adventurer
I use a Honda EU 1000 when the solar panel can not keep up the batteries. I have had it for less than a year and am very happy with it. Small, quiet, low fuel consumption an all around solid generator IMO.

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
I use a Honda eu200i that is reliable, starts on the first pull, and is economical to operate. I wouldn't be without it.

highlandercj-7

Explorer
There's only one name to remember in Generators: Honda is king! I also use a EU2000i It's perfect for camping. They are extremly durable, fuel efficient and quiet. My next generator will be a Honda 3000 or 3500, to run the house, when needed.

IggyB

Adventurer
Yamaha EF2400iS. :victory:

EF2400iS_2006.jpg

Although the Yamaha now has EF2000iS which is only 44 pounds vs mine at 70 pounds

2009_EF2000iS_CAN_1.jpg

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I'm another Honda EU2000i fan. I have had one for a couple years now and love it. I always have it with me but only use it after a few days to recharge my battery bank or short term to handle a high load.

They are very reliable and easy to start, I highly recommend them. :victory:

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I'm another Honda EU2000i fan. I have had one for a couple years now and love it. I always have it with me but only use it after a few days to recharge my battery bank or short term to handle a high load.

They are very reliable and easy to start, I highly recommend them. :victory:
Another vote for an eu2000i. I have them in both the Mog and the Sprinter. All the advantages mentioned above, plus having a portable unit means you can leave it behind whenever you know you won't need it.

One sidelight that won't matter much to most people, but it's still a feature . . . the eu2000i, because it's surge rating is about 4KW, will start and run most window and portable air conditioning units up to maybe 8K BTUs. That provides the option to kludge together air conditioning should you be going somewhere it'd really be valuable.

The Honda also has a feature called "Eco-Throttle" which, when switched on, throttles back the engine revs when the load is small, and you get some very low sound levels.

mmccurdy

Adventurer
I have a Honda eu3000is, and I'm extremely happy with it. I think it's the most quiet genny in Honda's lineup actually (quieter than the 1000 and 2000 due to the enclosure design), and on Eco Throttle with low to moderate load, you can have a conversation standing right next to it.

I went with the 3000 to run my 13.5k BTU A/C, which it does perfectly. You can also go for a pair of 2000's wired in parallel to do the same.

EDIT: Forgot to mention how clean the AC power is. I also run a stack of computer and audio equipment, and there is no buzz whatsoever, and the voltage stays perfectly steady. The power is actually cleaner than that at most RV parks, in my experience.

UNI

Adventurer
2846671510100746432S600x600Q85.jpg

We have and use the Yamaha EF1000iS - 1,000 watt generator, its quiet and only weighs in at 28 lbs. We use the generator in conjunction with our roll out solar panels, on the days the sun isn't cooperating. We had a tray made to transport the generator. It slides into the 2" receiver on the back side of the trailer. We had short legs added to the tray so the generator does not sit in standing water (If it would rain). When setting up camp, we just pull the hitch pin, set the generator and tray in desired location and start it up when needed.

craig333

Expedition Leader
I have the eu2000i but i rarely use it. Three batteries is plenty of power for the short trips I usually take.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
I have a Honda EU2000i and like a lot.

One con for the Honda you need to remove the side cover to drain the carb. If you do not drain the carb it will gum up and after sitting for an extended period of time it and needs to be cleaned to start.

peekay

Adventurer
I have used a Kipor 2k inverter generator and it worked decent. Bought it for $400 new, sold it for the same price. Over long periods of time, e.g. 4-8 hrs, it would sometimes turn off by itself. But it ran everything fine.

I currently have a Yamaha 2.4k and Honda 1000 inverter. Both are great. The Honda's appear to have better fit and finish. But as far as reliability, both are rock solid. Both start with 1-2 pulls after sitting for months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94