Memorial Day Weekend Camping - AZ

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
I did some camping over the Memorial Day weekend up near Munds Park AZ. Saturday did nothing but rain, and some pretty serious thunderstorms rolled over us. This made driving around on Sunday interesting with all the clay like mud. The truck got really muddy about 4 times and was then washed off by a thunderstorm after each time. This continued for most of the weekend. Sunday was nice and we had the chance to do some hiking and more exploring. Temps were not too bad even though it was raining a good amount of the time. All in all it was an awesome weekend, here are some pics.

The view from the dinner table Saturday evening:
P5240029.JPG

P5240023.JPG

Base Camp Alpha Delta:
P5240036.JPG

P5240039.JPG

Out for a hike on Sunday morning:
P5250041.JPG

P5250046.JPG

The truck after one of the washes (aka thunderstorm):
P5250051.JPG

Nice view:
P5250067.JPG

Taking in the nice view:
P5250061.JPG

P5250084.JPG

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
Beautiful Area, love the silhouette shot.

Thanks! The idea for the silhouette came by accident as I ended up in a photo when the camera turned and I didn't know it. The accidental shot looked pretty cool so I tried it again with a little more though put into it.

That looks like a fantastic area to camp.:victory:

Oh yea.. That area is great! Beautiful and very green. Lots of water everywhere and plenty of open spaces as well to get good views.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Nice pics, Laurence. Looks like a good, albeit wet, time. Thanks for posting and sharing.

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
Nice pics, Laurence. Looks like a good, albeit wet, time. Thanks for posting and sharing.

Thanks Aaron, it was a good time as always. Weather is just part of the experience when camping. It is always interesting to experience weather in the back country since you don't have the comfy shelter of home to retreat to. Even though I have a water tight truck and a tent that does not leak, it makes me think of those people of times past that had less that I in the same back country enduring the same weather. I enjoy thinking of thinks as such when I am out and about.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
The weather can always make camping alot more interesting and enjoyable in the since that it keeps the temps down and has that just rained smell.

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
Nice shots!!! Looks like fun!

Thanks Tim! It was indeed a good time, I mean it was camping, which for me is hard not to have a good time.

The weather can always make camping alot more interesting and enjoyable in the since that it keeps the temps down and has that just rained smell.

Yea... That just rain smell... We had that all weekend long! :sombrero:

I agree, I am not a big fan of lots of dust, it comes with the outdoors, but it is really nice when the dust doesn't pick up.

Beautiful!

I need to get to Arizona.. WOW.. very nice area..

RB

Yes you do! There are so many great areas here. I still have a long list of places to camp just here in AZ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles