x-panda-cab

evilfij

Explorer
Anyone have or have access to an x-panda-cab? I am thinking about fabbing up something similar (or just copying it or trying to find one used that I can modify) for my D90's ROW hard top and would like to get some measurements and details. It seems to me to be a better version of a rooftop tent and with the slight extra legth of a D90 roof compared to a series 88" roof, I think it would be sufficient for me needs. I have seen Teriann's and Ike's website pictures.

Best regards,

Ron

One4adventure

Hi Ron,

I am in process right now of fabbing the same thing on my 88".
Terriann and Ike might remember me as I sent them the sketchy copy of the install manual I receved from an X-panda owner out west somewhere a couple of years back(Bill at GBR got me in contact with the owner).

Its been a long time coming as I have way too many projects and three kids....
What dimensions are you interested in? I just bent up the Z channels and will cut them to length an miter the ends in the coming days.
I am actually flipping it the opposite way with the hinge over the windshield, this will give me standing room in the rear with the bunks stowed up front, plus its fail safe in the event of driving away with the roof unlatched!!

Cheers,
Chris

PS the top of the windshield on a Defender will make your plans different than a series rig.

evilfij

Explorer
Frankly, I will take anything you can give me as far as dimensions. Especially things like the Z channel and how it all works together. I am trying to get Ike to start making them but he has a lot of irons in the fire at the moment. I would worry with a reverse way that the roofsides would be very unstable unless they were braced and I don't see how a brace would work with the curve above the rear door so I am interested to see your plan.

JSBriggs

Adventurer
I have a friend with an uninstalled Xpanda kit. Ill have to see if i can get some pictures and dimensions from it.

-Jeff

All right, you guys have had a whole year to get this done.

Where's the completed, camp tested result :)

Seriously.....my lovely wife asked me last night about this concept.

She's not a fan of the climbing a ladder into the RTT.

Thanks,

KAA

66Landy

Observer
Update?

Another year has gone by and I'm hoping someone has managed to replicate the X Panda Cab parts. Teri Ann has cleaned up the speckled parts and installation papers she received and they are very easy to read on her site. If someone has one of these rigs and could offer specific measurements, fabricating should be pretty easy. Any takers?

DividingCreek

Explorer
Well I know Ron (EvilFij) is building a 110 doormobile because I have helped him move the roof and the 110 around. Its pretty cool he galvanized the bulkhead.

meatblanket

Adventurer
Another year has gone by and I'm hoping someone has managed to replicate the X Panda Cab parts. Teri Ann has cleaned up the speckled parts and installation papers she received and they are very easy to read on her site. If someone has one of these rigs and could offer specific measurements, fabricating should be pretty easy. Any takers?

What specific parts would you like measured or photogaphed?

Disclaimer: I don't have one, don't have plans to build one, but I will probably be seeing one in a week or so.

Sleam

Explorer
2014 X panda details?

I thought I'd add onto this thread about the x panda. I printed up the parts list and the first three pages of the info from TerriAnn but not got much further. Anyone followed through? I'm good at making stuff but without pictures or one to copy my imagination farts out. Any details as to how you modified the roof to stay strong or how you added the hinges? Any photos?
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior