Scepter v. Wedco: Which Can is Better and Why???

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I spoke with Ho at Expedition Exchange today... They will not ship a regular (non carb) gas can to a CA address :smilies27

So, I need to find a way to get one of these outlaw fuel cans.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Doc.......!

I'm getting pretty fed up with California!

I recently had to rush and buy a new battery for a trip I was making....so it was off to Wally~World.........it turns out that California now regulates the Kold Krank Amps that you can buy in Kalifornina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I was only able to quickly get a 525cca battery for my 4Runner as I had to leave immediately for my Colorado trip.

I was REALLY upset!

I should have got a new one in Colorado.....and told them my new California battery is not working properly!

.....hehe:sombrero:

I know this is kinda off topic....but not really since we all know California is starting to suck more and more!

Somebody get me outta here!!!!!!!!!:friday:

asteffes

Explorer
Scenic WonderRunner said:
Doc.......!
I recently had to rush and buy a new battery for a trip I was making....so it was off to Wally~World.........it turns out that California now regulates the Kold Krank Amps that you can buy in Kalifornina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I was only able to quickly get a 525cca battery for my 4Runner as I had to leave immediately for my Colorado trip.

Wow, this is a new one. Strange, too, because I can't imagine that there are that many people puting larger-than-necessary batteries in their cars that someone had to legislate against doing so. Crazy.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
I have a Scepter gasoline "can" and it doesn't leak a drop. The Scepter Military Fuel Can is the only one that is allowed to be transported on an aircraft while filled with gasoline.

I had three Scepter water cans that would seep if carried on their side. I contacted the Scepter Customer Contact link on their website and had three replacements at no charge within a day. They didn't even ask for proof of purchase or to have the seepers back.

That's customer service and standing behind your product!

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Scepter gas cans

DUTCH said:
I have a Scepter gasoline "can" and it doesn't leak a drop. The Scepter Military Fuel Can is the only one that is allowed to be transported on an aircraft while filled with gasoline.

I had three Scepter water cans that would seep if carried on their side. I contacted the Scepter Customer Contact link on their website and had three replacements at no charge within a day. They didn't even ask for proof of purchase or to have the seepers back.

That's customer service and standing behind your product!

I've also used the Scepter cans with no issues although never in the heat of the southern states. Max temp here is 35 degrees celcius. In the Scepter Can Review thread I gave my impressions on the Scepter cans but will also say that customer service from Scepter is excellent.

Can't comment on the other cans since I have never used them.

Cheers,
P

BajaXplorer

Adventurer
05TACODOC said:
I spoke with Ho at Expedition Exchange today... They will not ship a regular (non carb) gas can to a CA address :smilies27

So, I need to find a way to get one of these outlaw fuel cans.

If your attending the Expo event you can get one at a Checkers autoparts in AZ. Or you can have EE send it to one of the zonies attending.
BX

discotdi

Adventurer
where can one buy the Scepter gas containers? I looked online and everyone says Military sales only. I called one place and they will only sell to active military on base. anyone have a source?

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
I have a number of Scepter cans, both gas and water. I sometimes carry them on their side, and have never had a problem with them leaking. I crank the lids down hard, but don't use any tools. I like them.

The only drawback I am aware of is that it seems that most can holders will hold Wedco but not Scepter.

mkitchen

Explorer
X's 2

where can one buy the Scepter gas containers? I looked online and everyone says Military sales only. I called one place and they will only sell to active military on base. anyone have a source?

I would like to order some Scepter water cans but cannot find them. I only seem to see the copies. Where do we get them?
Mikey

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
I would like to order some Scepter water cans but cannot find them. I only seem to see the copies. Where do we get them?
Mikey

Try eBay. Search for "Scepter can". There's a seller offering new tan Scepter water cans for $39.95 (no affiliation).

grntrdtaco

Adventurer
i went for the wedco/ NATO surplus.

the only reason i think the military switched to the plastic is when a fuel depot gets shelled there wont be any metal schrapnel coming from the exploding gas cans. the plastic ones also burn much safer.

2 situations that i will hopefully never need to worry about with the nato gas and water cans that i have. they never leak and never vent any fumes. I routenley fill my metal cans at low elevation and take them to 10k'+ or fill them in 40º weather and take them to the desert 100º+ weather. they are rock solid. pair it up with a swiss nozzle and you can drain a 5 gal tank faster than a gas pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior