Camp Cocktail Table: Hand Crafted and Dual Purpose

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
And another one! Bag that is. Made with Sunbrella Fabric. The smaller bag is for the legs and two cross bars. I will be shipping these out to Mark today. Fingers crossed that the table fits.

DSC_2570.jpg

articulate

Expedition Leader
I think Justin wants to be my friend.

:smiley_drive:

Nice bags! I can't wait to give these a shot. So why do I suddenly have Partridge Family songs in my head? Is it the stripes?

DaveM

Explorer
Can I ask if maple would be a suitable wood to use for this, if not, why not? Any why isn't cedar on the list of outdoor suitable woods, other than the fact it's soft, and pedestrian?

Maple would be just fine IMO. It's hard, not super rot resistant but can be coated to protect it. Not my first choice because it will require more maintenance than Ipe or DF. Cedar, as you mentioned, is very soft though super rot resistant. I wouldn't use it mostly due to its softness but also because in order to get the strength you want out of the top you'd have to increase the wood thickness making it bulkier and harder to roll up.

JeepN95YJ

Adventurer
maybe with some cinch cordage on the ends to enclose but allow the air to pass (good point Cypher) and the thing can double as a table cloth if you wish.

Nice thing about the cinch cordage on each end is that the extra length of cord could be tied around each of the table legs when set up to keep the table cloth from blowing off.

I really like these tables.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz