255/85/16 E BFG Mud Terrain KM2

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I installed a set of the new BFG Muds on my E350 4X4 van.

bfg2.jpg

First impression on the hi way was smooth as silk and almost silent! Next impression was how well they held the road under the weight of the van especially since I found out the dealer only put 55 psi in the tires. Usually I run 65 front and 80 rear as directed by Ford. Rock solid and no sway plus my tracking problem went away. FWIW tires removed were like new BFG Commercial T/A's 245/75/16 E.

bfg1.jpg

Off road was typical BFG Mud terrain but I think they removed some of the bounce from their tires. They grab and bite instead of hopping and bouncing.

bfg4.jpg

BFG6.jpg

With a tape and level they measure 33 1/2" tall with a tread of 7 1/4" center section was right at 10" on a 7" rim. With the weight of the van on the front tire it measured 32 3/4" at 65 psi hot. I paid 844 USD including mounting ,balance and tax.

Last edited:

Hilux_Max

Adventurer
so they measure 33.5 inch tall off the vehicle yeah?

On the australian BFG website, they state this tyre as being 33.1" tall, whereas the yank BFG website states it as 33.3 " tall......33,5" tall as you claim is interesting.....

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
so they measure 33.5 inch tall off the vehicle yeah?
Right 33.5 on a 7" rim. Nice change to get what you paid for and more! Thats on concrete with a level with the tire just rubbing the ground enough so I could turn it. They also all took 3 ounces or less of balance weight. Nice and round to start with.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Three ounces or less to balance is great! I also really like your 'almost silent' comment about the tread noise. I'm surprised that the tread width is so narrow, almost 7-inches, not closer to 7.75-8” like my Maxxis Bighorns.

The KM2s are calling, trying to pull me away from the other tires I'm considering :sombrero:

Right 33.5 on a 7" rim. Nice change to get what you paid for and more! Thats on concrete with a level with the tire just rubbing the ground enough so I could turn it. They also all took 3 ounces or less of balance weight. Nice and round to start with.

Last edited:

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I'm surprised that the tread width is so narrow, almost 7-inches, not closer to 8” like my Maxxis Bighorns

It depends on where you measure from but across the widest tread blocks it's 7 1/4" the narrow ones are 7" and 7 1/8". I edited my first post to show the widest.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
That's the best price I have found for them too. After I add the shipping my local Discount Tire will match the price... it is about $804.00 out the door for four with mounting and tax.

That is a decent price although I was able to buy 5x new BFG MT KM2 35x12.5R15's for ~$850:Wow1: w/out mounting.

Sorry, just a bit of bragging and extremely pleased with the deal. It was from a friend who works for a major tire distributor. I got them at a few percent over Jobber price plus tax.:smiley_drive:

Mounting/Balancing cost an additional $125 at a local America's tire.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
That is a decent price although I was able to buy 5x new BFG MT KM2 35x12.5R15's for ~$850:Wow1: w/out mounting.

Sorry, just a bit of bragging and extremely pleased with the deal. It was from a friend who works for a major tire distributor. I got them at a few percent over Jobber price plus tax.:smiley_drive:

Mounting/Balancing cost an additional $125 at a local America's tire.

That really makes me wish I still had a truck that ran 15" tires!
18's are not so cheap... :Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shevy5000